New to Tinnitus Group

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tami seastrand, Jan 12, 2017.

1. tami seastrand

tami seastrand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/62
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Have never known absolute silence
      I have had tinnitus for 54 years. I have never known silence so not sure what it is like. I have actually been able to ignore the sound until recently. The tone is louder and somehow i have managed to get multiple tones that compete to be heard. Ugh. Any thoughts?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. You are like a tinnitus veteran of sort. Perhaps you can share with the forum your secret to live with T for long term.

As far as the reason for the T increase, it can be many things. There are many causes which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including by not limited to:
      Drug reaction or side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear or Eustachian tube infection, ear drum injury, fluid build-up feeling pressured, TMJ, TTTS, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma, head trauma & injury, neck problems, hearing loss, Meniere's, barotrauma from rapid change of atmospheric pressure, ear or head slapping, grief for the loss of loved ones, untreated sleep apnea, elevated stress, anxiety & panic disorder, unhealthy diet such as too much salt, sugar, caffeine, MSG, alcohol etc. or lacking some mineral or vitamin supplements, such as Magnesium, Zinc, B12, D3 etc.

You may want to try diet change or take some supplement. But first is best to get an ENT to check things out. Take care. God bless.