New to Tinnitus Talk — Saying Hello — Tinnitus & Hyperacusis

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cj5suzy, Dec 20, 2018.

1. cj5suzy

cj5suzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, I woke up one morning with both ears ringing a high pitch. I had no idea what it was. I felt panicky and had thoughts of suicide like many here and a few weeks later hyperacusis started that makes sounds distorted like a blown out speaker. That all started 14 months ago.

I have a high pitch tone along with multiple tones which sound like someone rubbing a wet finger on a wine glass rim. I wear musician's ear plugs most of the day and use a fan at night to help me get to sleep.

Early on I went to an ENT doctor. What a waste of time. I am hoping I can get thru this on my own.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      What did the ENT say, did they detect hearing loss?

Do you have a history of loud noise exposure, clubs, loud music with or without headphones, loud vehicles. noisy traffic, noisy work place?

Were you taking any certain medications before your tinnitus started?

Do you have TMD, neck or jaw problems?

You might not be able to get through with this on your own and will have to spend the better part of 2-10 years waiting for medicine to advance and address inner ear disorders. Biomedical research will be your ultimate hope not saying their isn't things you can do now.

Magnesium and predisone steroids is known to help hearing loss and tinnitus but it isn't super effective. By the way an alternative to bio-medical research finding cures for hearing loss/tinnitus is just learn to live with it like many members on the forum suggest. Also please try to destress, hearing loss and tinnitus could get worse under stressful situations.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cj5suzy

cj5suzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I drive a truck im thinking that played a part. Before i got tinnitus i was getting a few short i guess you could call them tinnitus spikes .They only lasted about 2 seconds at a time. This happened maybe 6 times or so per day I didnt know what to think. I never had that happen before. About a month or so before i woke up with this i took flagyl for a digestive issue . I did take this drug for 1 week few years back with no ill effects. This last time i took it i was about to take pill number 7 when i had a reaction . a red tiny pindot rash on my arms and legs. My eyes also were red. I stopped taking it. It took about a week for the rash to go away. When i went to the ent he just kind of brushed it off. Vitamin b should help i was told . I never did an mri . a hearing test was done which should some upper range hearing loss. They told me i needed a hearing aid . I dont think i need a hearing aid. I was in such a state when i had that test done the ringing was so loud im not surprised i failed it! So here i am some days are awful .Some days are better .

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cj5suzy

cj5suzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you. I will keep reading on. What keeps me going is reading others experiences with this and i am hoping that keeping noise levels down by wearing my ear plugs gives my ears a chance to heal. I have been reading here without posting for over a year this is not an easy thing to go thru especially knowing its something you must go thru by yourself without any relief. I will stay on and post any progress i make .

• Hug Hug x 1