New to Tinnitus Talk

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by NorthernCaMikey, Jun 8, 2018.

1. NorthernCaMikey

NorthernCaMikey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Too many rock concerts & loud music in general
      Hi. My name is Mike and I’ve been suffering with tinnitus for over 10 years. Unfortunately I went to too many rock concerts and suffer the 7500 Hz tone tinnitus. I have a constant ring in my ears. One thing I have learned is getting used to tinnitus it is crucial. Because if not you could drive yourself crazy. Going to sleep I use a fan to try the mask the ring. It’s horrible and I feel pretty bad I allowed this to happen. All I can do is hope there will be a treatment in the future...

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum, Mike. I guess when you say 'getting used to tinnitus is crucial', you mean accepting and facing up to the tinnitus. I agree this is crucial because if we don't then our brain will always treat tinnitus as a threat and it will not be able to shake T off. Thanks for your post and for sharing your tips. It will take some time to get used to the ringing as it is so foreign and alien to the body. But over time, I find that my brain just get hardened to T and after that it doesn't care T high or low.

• Like Like x 1
    3. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Why the hell dont we learn about this condition in schools? If I knew what nightmare this is I would have never listened to the damn IPOD or went to concerts.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2