New to Tinnitus... There Is Hope.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Monte Diaz, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Monte Diaz

Monte Diaz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Inflammation
      I got sick a week and a half ago with bad headaches and pressure in my inner ear. Every time I swallow I'd hear my eustachian tube pop or crackle. Two days after getting sick I got tinnitus. Very high pitched and annoying. First couple of days it was loud and I could not sleep. I heard it all day long whenever their was "silence".

I spoke with a doctor online about this and he advised to take high doses of turmeric and systemic enzymes to get rid of the inflammation. By the second day my tinnitus was 50 percent better after a weird feeling "pop" happened in my inner ear. By the 6th day my ears were no longer sensitive to sounds. People talking and the sound of my cellphone on speaker were not longer "grating" to my ears. So day by day little by little it got better. Today is the 11th day and I can definetly hear it but it isn't bad. I still think there's some issue with lymph or fluid buildup in the ear and hopefully over the next two weeks it subsides. At least that is what the ENT said. 3 weeks to 50% volume and 6 weeks till it's gone.

Did anyone else here have tinnitus that started out the same way?