New with Couple of Questions

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jade Lake, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Jade Lake

Jade Lake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hi everyone,

I'm new on forum and new to tinnitus although my recent experience has made me question if I have always had some low grade of it which was my normal slience. Like low grade cricket/white noise.

Just a background. Never had ear infection in life (34years old now) always had very good if anything acute but over sensitive hearing, never liked loud noises so never been into using headphones or loud music so concerts and loud Venus always been out of the question too.

A few weeks ago went to bed fine, woke up at 5am to the sound of an alarm-so loud to wake me up from sleep. Thought actual alarm was going off but turns out it was my right ear.

Anxiety shot through roof. It lowered to a medium frequency sound. Couldn't get back to sleep. Too loud still.

Went to work and started getting some mild ear pain. Next 3 nights no more noise. Weird.

Then 5th day ear pain went up and that night tinnitus with a vengeance. I was a nervous wreck that morning. Doctor's that day said ear drum red.

Amoxicillin for 7 days. Well it got worse during the course of antibiotics. Both ears became affected with the noise. So loud I can't stress that.

Pain came and went but bearable but the tinnitus was sooo loud couldn't mask it. It was high pitched frequency amongst others but that was the worse. It hurt my brain. Felt electrically in a way.

After a week went doctor for follow up. Said ear drum looks good. Not red. I explained I'm still in pain, pressure feelings, ear drum felt fat and tinnitus still very much there, although went back to one ear two days prior. Doctor not bothered, redness going was enough for him and I was quickly dismissed.

Nearly a week later and still issues. Crickets, hissing, frequency sounds, ringing, buzzing. During this past week since been off antibiotics it has been a mixed week. There has been occasions when I've had a one off but alarm like noise in left ear (the unaffected one from infection) For a couple days pressure even reduced, ear drum felt less fat but short lived.

Tinnitus still loud and never went though especially worse at night but past couple days noticing it over TV again and pain and pressure starting up once again although only a bit.

Yesterday I had a weird experience which worried me. I don't know if normal or not. My hearing suddenly dipped right low and at same time tinnitus volume went up. It last only a second or 2 but freaked me out.

Has anyone experienced this before and any thoughts on it? Anyway I've been taking Sudafed decongestants for a few days to no avail. I've heard nasal sprays are good and I have beconase.

Is this OK to use?

I'm worried trying things that could upset the tinnitus and my anxiety makes me cautious and panicky about it. It was a life saver when I had a sinus infection a couple years ago and only thing in the end that help get rid of inflammation and thus built up pressure but it took me a month to build up courage to use it then. That is how bad my anxiety is.

I'm assuming I have ETD. Sometimes though it feels like the tube opens up like when I yawn other times not although I've never had pop from it unlike the left .

Currently the crickets going craaazy. I keep getting pressure on that side of face next to ear too. My hearing seems unaffected. I hope!

Thanks. Any advice helpful.

2. AdamR

AdamR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hopefully its just an ear infection or something and it will pass. If youre having trubs sleeping try some youtube tinnius sound therapy vids. The ones with cricket noises will probablh suit you.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jade Lake

Jade Lake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      The doctor said the infection had gone though a week ago. I'm thinking of going back tomorrow especially since the tinnitus has gotten a little louder again over TV and other odd happenings since Friday. And pain increasing again in left ear. Feels a little sharp at times.