New with Gradual Onset of Tinnitus in One Ear!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MonicaC36, May 26, 2020.

1. MonicaC36

MonicaC36 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey Everyone,

I first noticed something about 2 months ago, like a high frequency noise coming from my right side, but, I was sitting by a wall socket and put it down to that and went along my business.

Roughly 4 weeks ago, I woke up with 2 different sounds in my right ear a static buzzing noise and high ever changing frequency noise the same as I heard previously but much louder. It changes constantly and never goes away, it just gets worse.

I see people have suffered aura migraines and about 6months ago this happened to me for 7 days in a row at the exact same time every day. it was like when you are at the beach on a really hot day and you look out at the water and it is all hazy. (Not sure this is anything to do with it)

I went to the doctor and they checked my ears, said everything looked perfect and sent me on my way with decongestant tablets for the pressure in my right ear. Told me to look up youtube for masking noises. really felt deflated leaving there, like they just didn't care. :(

No idea how I got it, waiting for an audiologist to call me to discuss it and give me a hearing test to see if I have hearing loss, If I have it is mild loss.

Even been to see a chiropractor to see if it could be down to neck strain, no change in 4 weeks except for spikes directly after it.

I will try anything to see if I can get rid of it.

I'm just so confused by it all :(

2. Brooklyn NY

Brooklyn NY Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 5, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably pepto bismo and aspercreme
      Hi, some of the ENT tests could aggravate tinnitus, not necessarily the regular hearing tests, but others. I had tests 2.5 years ago and these tests caused a 4 day spike. Maybe ask what tests they will be giving you besides the hearing test? Hopefully the answer will be only that. Good luck.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MonicaC36

MonicaC36 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey

Thank you so much, I will mention it when I go there on Friday.

Hoping it won’t cause a spike :( as it’s pretty bad at the minute.

I’m hoping it hasn’t affected my hearing, but I fear it has, as I can’t hear people on the phone speaking to me :(

Thank you for letting me know :)