New

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kimbob, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Kimbob

Kimbob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      27/2014
      Hi I recently started to get pulsating noise in my r ear worse in evenings ?

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Kimbob, and welcome!

Can you give us a little more information about your pulsating noise --- when did it start, have you had tinnitus or hearing loss in your right ear prior to this occurrence, and do you know of anything that has changed in your life that might have caused it?

Pulsatile tinnitus usually has a vascular cause. If yours doesn't go away after you've given it a reasonable amount of time --- say, maybe two months --- you might want to go to a doctor and have it checked out. I went first to an ENT, and he referred me to a neurotologist. A neurologist might be able to help you, as well. The doctor might order tests for you, such as an MRI or a CT scan.

Please note your symptoms, so that you can discuss them with your doctor if you do decide to make an appointment. I hope you'll keep us posted on how you're doing.

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kimbob

Kimbob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      27/2014
      Hi I have had ringing in both ears at times for years - but the pulsing in new and in my r ear only - it gets loud at times but def just that ear - bp and pulse ok .... It's literally doing my head in .... I have had it 4 a few weeks - thanks

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kimbob

Kimbob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      27/2014
      No hearing loss- there is a funny sensation in that ear / hard to describe ... Don't hurt thou

5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I think I can understand what you're describing. I have both tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus, too -- and only in the right ear. The funny sensation might feel something like a vibration, and that would be the pulsating. If you're like me, it's most noticeable when you're lying down. Did you have a cold or sinus problems right before it started?

If it doesn't go away soon, I'd say it would be best to go see a doctor. Many doctors don't know, or understand, pulsatile tinnitus. That's why I suggested the neurologist or neurotologist. They are more likely to understand what you are experiencing.

• Agree Agree x 1