Newbie Here... In Bad Shape Tonight

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by T4Texasgirl, Dec 2, 2015.

1. T4Texasgirl

T4Texasgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      Having a terrible night...T is off the chain! New to this forum..hoping I get some good advice from yall..have had T since July 2015. How to cope???????

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome and sorry about your struggle with T. Who wasn't initially. We all had a tough time initially but in general we get better with time. How to cope with a new T or a relatively new one? There are many great threads on TT which can help a new T sufferer. Here is an excellent thread started by a member on what to do when you are new with tinnitus and stressed out. I added some comments to the OP’s thread, but you can scroll up to post #1 to read up on the excellent suggestions by the original poster.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/new-and-stressed-with-tinnitus-read-this-first.3978/#post-40275

TT also has this nice thread which besides giving you some excellent masking sounds with an audio player, it also contains tips and step by step instructions for newer sufferers. Here is the link for it:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/ (the icons on the left side give you instructions step by step)

So, relax. There are many things one can do to get better. Instead of wasting energy on worry and panicking, perhaps follow some of these steps and suggestions to see if they can help you feel better. You can also read up many success stories to give you hope. I had suffered much initially with ultra high pitch dog whistle T and severe hyperacusis. I never thought I could recover and have good life again. But today I live a normal and absolutely enjoyable life. I wrote my success story like many other members who have gotten better. I listed many important points/strategies which have helped me. If you have the time, check it out.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

So don't panic and despair. You will get better. Good life can be back. Believe it and be positive about the future. Take good care and God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    3. John G

John G Member

Hi T4Texasgirl,

Hang in there. You havn't had T for too long. Have you went to the doc and ENT ? .

Alot of helpful people on this forum.I am sure they will give you good advice

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      T4Texasgirl

T4Texasgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      Developed unilateral hearing loss in left ear several years ago. MRIs are negative for acoustic tumor. In July, had severe infection after trip to Cancun. More pronounced hearing loss and now have hearing aid. Rounds of steroids and antibiotics and infection cleared but left with T. Some days are so tough and I just don't know how you guys who have had this for so long cope with it day in and day out.