Newby to This Forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cant ear ya, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Cant ear ya
      Batty

Cant ear ya Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Working with loud machinery. Infection. Possibly part geneti
      Have suffered with tinnitus for 50 years. Damage mostly caused by loud machinery, maybe also medication and possibly genetic.

I have 50% hearing loss in both ears high range in one and low range in the other. The tinnitus is gradually becoming worse and consists of three different sounds all at once with no let up at any time.

I have just heard about the Antinitus patches but not too excited yet as have been down the :snake oil" track too many times.

Has anyone tried those?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. You have been an old warrior in the T battle. We welcome you to share some of your insights on living with T for so long and survive it. Not sure why your T has worsened. As far as the reason for the T increase, there are many possible causes, single or combined, which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including by not limited to drug reaction or side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear wax build-up, ear or Eustachian tube infection or ETD, ear drum injury, fluid build-up in ears feeling pressured or fullness, sinus infection & congestion, TMJ, TTTS, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma/shock, head trauma & injury, neck injury or muscle problems, hearing loss, Meniere's Decease, barotrauma from sudden change of air pressure such as during landing & taking off on flights especially with blocked nose causing failure to balance the pressure changes, slapping of the ears, deep grief for the loss of loved ones, untreated sleep apnea, extreme, extended stress, anxiety & panic disorder, etc., etc. T can also be caused or made worse by unhealthy diet such as too much salt, sugar, caffeine, MSG, alcohol etc. or by lacking some mineral or vitamin supplements, such as Magnesium, Zinc, B12, D3 etc.

For the patch, since there isn't enough members reading the Introduction, perhaps you can search 'tinnitus patch' under Alternative Treatments forum or all forums. You should get many posts on it. This following link is for one such thread. Take good care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/antinitus-tinnitus-patch-—-does-it-work.758/

• Like Like x 1
    3. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      @Cant ear ya ,
      Welcome to Tinnitustalk! My guess would be that the patch is "snake oil" but it's just a guess. I am sorry that you have suffered for so long with tinnitus. I look forward to learning more about your experiences over 50 years with hearing loss and tinnitus. Maybe you will be able to help some of the newer members here.