Nice Meeting You All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sean W, May 3, 2018.

1. Sean W

Sean W Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Hi Guys.

I am new to this forum but not Tinnitus. I have had Tinnitus for about five years and it has been the most challenging five years of my life. The good news is that I am better now, I still have Tinnitus but it doesn’t bother me anymore.

This forum is a really great thing, I looked at forums when I was in my deep dark place with Tinnitus but I was too scared to talk to people about it, or to even read stories about other people struggles with Tinnitus. It feels good to come out the other side, it was really rough on me and at times I didn’t know how things would turn out.

But today I am better, and not just better with Tinnitus, better in general, and I actually have Tinnitus to thank for most of that.

I am hoping that I can get involved in the forum and help in any way I can.

Sean

• Like Like x 8
      • Agree Agree x 2
    2. Mellow7

Mellow7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Welcome Sean! It's always great for us newbies to have veterans come along to share their wisdom when it comes to coping with this condition. I hope many people will be able to learn from your experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Hello and welcome, @Sean W :welcomesignanimation: It is so nice to meet you.

I admire your positive outlook, it is very inspiring.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sean W

Sean W Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Thanks Emmalee, I wasn't always like that but it feels good now.

5. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      @Sean W

You are most welcome, Sean. I am doing my very best to stay positive, it isn't always easy. You can be positive and still have down days. Baby steps work the best for me.

Enjoy the forum, there are many supportive and friendly members here. I feel so fortunate to have found this place.

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Sean W ,
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Im sure your wealth of knowledge over the years will be a great support to members.
      Love glynis

7. David Dubros

David Dubros Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You're a breath of fresh air knowing that i am only a year and a half into this.
      5 years. Congrats on dealing so well.
      Im sure you know the demons and dark places but to come out on top of it sounds wonderful .
      Keep going.:)

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sean W

Sean W Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Thanks David. Keep your chin up. At times I didn't know if I would ever be free from the demons and dark places, but there is light on the other side.

9. David Dubros

David Dubros Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You've made my week.:)

10. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      This was Very positive here, you doing better with T . Did you become stronger, more appreciative? Can you explain a little. 5 Years. Welcome!

11. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Welcome! Nice to see positive posts!!!

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sean W

Sean W Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Hi Rajin,
      My recovery had a lot to do with overcoming the fear I had put in place at the onset of my Tinnitus. It seemed everywhere I turned I got another big dose of fear and that just made things worse and worse. First, I had to face all those fears, realize that most were unnecessary and then discard them. I also had to start making my mind stronger in general. I stated using breathing techniques, cold water, meditation and a few other tools. My only regret is that I stayed so wrapped up in my Tinnitus for so long.
      Looking back, I think I could have recovered much faster if I would have done things in the right order. For the first few years, I used alcohol and occasionally valium to calm me down at night so I could relax and try to sleep. I think these things delayed my recovery even though at the time they seemed very necessary. At that time I had no idea how to try and get my life back, I was just engulfed in the Tinnitus. I had to figure out what would work for me and I really didn't really start that until I was 3.5-4 years in and made the decision that Tinnitus was not going to ruin my life.

• Like Like x 5
    13. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      Thanks for sharing this .

14. purple haze

purple haze Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown. Possible salicylate sensitivity
      What was your game plan? what made the difference? I've been through so much, this feels like a slap in the face.