Nightmare of Epic Proportions

Discussion in 'Support' started by GlowMonkey, Feb 12, 2016.

1. GlowMonkey
      Grumpy

GlowMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2008
      I always had T but early Jan woke up one morning and it was double. Went to ENT. Did that whole route. Nothing wrong. So the search started to either reduce the level or get rid of it.

Im busy taking Taurine 4g, Gaba, 5HTP, doing Ozone and kineo. I also suffer from adrenal fatigue. I have become such a miserable person.

I have noticed that my noise level is fluctuating and couple weeks ago on one glorious day had no T at all. Needless to say it was back the next day. So I dont know whether this stuff is working or not but will continue to try it. I was told to keep a diary to keep track. What a miserable way to live. Silence is my enemy!

• Like Like x 1
    2. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
      I have chronic adrenal fatigue too. I think it's a great sign that you had a day with no T recently. Is the 5htp helping with your mood? How is your sleep? How have your adrenals, anxiety, and sleep been before the loud T started?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GlowMonkey
      Grumpy

GlowMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2008
      Ive always had extremely high stress levels which caused anxiety which then caused my adrenal fatigue. I suffered from adrenal fatigue for about 5yrs before i was introduced to alternative healing. I live in south africa. We about 100yrs behind in everything here. Last year august i started ozone, 5htp, gaba, 5htp, IV vit c and vit B, magnesium iodene drops and vulvic liquid. Ive had great success in treating chronic fatigue. I forgot what it felt like to be awake at 3pm everyday. Im still doing my treatment for that to continue filling my empty 'tank' then the tinnitus started in jan. Why???? The only change was that i started taking Nexium which i stopped cause I read T is a side effect. My holistic therapist seems to think that my deep rooted anxiety is the cause. I refuse to take any western medicine for anxiety. They do more harm in my opinion. She has given me yesterday Lithium Orotate for my moods as the T is severely affecting me now. 5HTP does help too but honestly at this point my total combine capsule intake daily is 19 capsules. Its insane!!! The T is fueling my anxiety. A bad cycle

4. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, you're pretty early in the process. Anxiety can get really high in the beginning. I know at this rate it seems like you will lose your mind, but it doesn't continue at this rate. Your mind stops obsessing once it realizes that T is not a threat. You need to realize it isn't a threat and encourage that mental process. I take Paxil for my life-long anxiety now and i feel amazing(took over 3 weeks to start working though; i took benzodiazepines in the interim). The anxiety caused my adrenal fatigue too.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GlowMonkey
      Grumpy

GlowMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2008
      I used to be a fan of western medicine until I started feeling what it does to me in the long term. It fixes one thing but messes up another yet Im not totally against it. Dont know whether I mentioned it before but I started taking Lithium Orotate for anxiety too. With all these herbal stuffs Ive managed to wean myself off all my anti depressants and sleeping pills. It certainly isn't easy but Im so glad that my handful of alternative meds is helping. It just gets very tiresome having to swallow capsules the whole day. It takes discipline.

When you said that one's brain somehow accepts T as a non threat and one kinda accepts it I think my brain has clicked on. I dont know whether its cause the Lithium Im taking thats helping but I dont go into panic mode when the silence comes. Very weird. I can now concentrate on working on bettering my adrenal fatigue and stress less over my T

6. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I recently read an article that said that L-Tryptophan gets to the brain much more effectively than 5HTP; also that 5HTP can cause heart problems which L-Tryptophan does not. Do a search sometime.
      Both are available from Bulk Supplements on amazon

7. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      That is interesting what you said about Lithium Orotate. Are you taking any other supplements that are helping you deal with the T? Also, what time and what dosages are you taking the Lithium Orotate?

8. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I have posted about this in another thread, but i read that lithium orotate combined with passionflower can help with upregulating gaba receptors.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GlowMonkey
      Grumpy

GlowMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2008
      Thanks for you post. My T is still very much fluctuating. Can't say what causes it to subside or blast my head off. I am now going to go for a F-scan. I found a guy who follows the Hillary Clark program and he has offered to help me. In finding some relief everyone is always out there to make a quick buck. This guy said he will treat and not charge until I find a significant decrease in noise. Will keep posting here on treatment. He is also going to treat my adrenal fatigue. He asked me to stop all tablets for a week until I do the scan and drink lotsa water and also do sauna daily for 15minutes. If he can reduce the noise to a 4 outa 10 i'll consider it a miracle.