Nightmares About Loud Sound

Discussion in 'Support' started by JanTD, Sep 10, 2018.

1. JanTD

JanTD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      This is really embarassing but I have nightmares about and with loud sound.

Latest example out of many: I was forced into a club and the DJ explained to me that their equipment goes up to 140 dB. Then he turned on the volume, I putmy hands into my ears and ran, but I was exposed to the loud music. I woke up and my heart was racing and my ears are screaming (plus I am in the middle of a spike).

I have read in some thread that it doesnt make a difference if we dream about sound or actually hear the sound in reality. Is this really the case? That would be horrible.

I have this problem a lot and obviously I cannot control it. So do I risk to make things permanently worse?

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      My guess is that the stress level it causes maybe the same.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Imshael
      Procrastinating

Imshael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely jaw and/or neck issues
      Hi @JanTD! I never used to dream about my tinnitus, but a few night ago I dreamed that someone popped a balloon right next to my ear. Not exacly the best dream I've ever had, and I was pretty stressed out when I woke up.

About hearing a sound in a dream, I don't think that it can actually cause any harm? Sure, it might add stress and your sleep might be affected by it, but I can't understand how it would actually be harmful.

I would suggest that you seek help for your nightmares, so that you can sleep better.

• Like Like x 1
    4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Dreaming about the sound and actually being exposed can be quite different. Being exposed to dj level/club level music can possibly damage the ears. The only factor, that I can think of is the stress/anxiety you are facing when you begin to dream about it and then wake up from it.

Tinnitus is a horrible ordeal and it can cause us many different emotions and feelings. My parents are always on my mind and I tend to dream about them quite a bit. I guess, what matters to us a lot can visit us in our dreams. I wake up feeling a bit sad after my dreams at times.

Hope you feel better....

• Hug Hug x 1