No Shelter Dogs Here...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LadyDi, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      @LadyDi
      How amazing that your friend's dog, Jack, looks so much like Dudley, except perhaps a little bit more low-slung! I'd love to see a photo of Jack if you are able to get one.

This is a wonderful dog breed. They are loyal to their human companions, gentle with children and other pets, calm and low-key in the house, and with a very sweet disposition. And Dudley really doesn't bark very much, either. He's mostly calm, cool, and collected, unless tracking a scent. Then, nothing but nothing distracts him!!

Your friends were very lucky to find Jack, I'm sure, and I'll bet he's a great pet, too.

• Like Like x 3
    2. SweetPeach

SweetPeach Guest

takecare.jpg

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      OMG SweetPeach, so cute! Tell your doggie thank you for thinking of us!
      Hey @Karen, I am afraid I dont have any photos of Jack but maybe I can get one from my friend. It really is amazing how much they look alike -- except for their body height.

I am working on trying to get Sapphire to ride comfortably in the car. I feel so sorry for her. She always seems so nervous and unhappy; still don't really look me in the eyes. At her age, I guess one year of shelter life will do that to you. Sapphire did sit in the passenger seat for a bit and let me drive her around the neighborhood. Maybe next week...
      Although I have no dog photos, here is a nice one of Little Boy Kitty helping me set the table. He's a rescue, too.

LBTABLE.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Lady Di,

Your kitty is adorable! I love the peekaboo shot of him under the tablecloth. How cute!

Thanks; if you are able to get a photo of Jack, I'd love to see it!

• Like Like x 1
    5. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hello, friends: I have a great holiday joy to share...

Remember my shelter dog, Sapphire, that I was sponsoring? Go to the first post to see her photo. I was not able to take her home but supported her financially, would go over to walk her and play with her. She always seemed so unhappy and anxious, and was older (7 yrs), so I worried about her.

Anyway: I went over to drop off a Christmas treat and check for her last week: AND DISCOVERED SHE HAS BEEN ADOPTED!! It had just happened. She went to a single mother with a teenage son. The shelter workers do home visits, to make sure the adoptions are going OK. They told me they had just seen Sapphire and she looked great, her coat was all shiny and she was so happy. Apparently, she loves the boy -- that's what she needed, a teen to hang out with. Anyway, I am just over the moon and wanted to share. She had been in the shelter for almost two years and now has a home for the holidays.

• Like Like x 2