Noise

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Diane Schaumberg, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Diane Schaumberg
      Irritated

Diane Schaumberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Damage to ear
      Just joined. Right now a very, very loud hum is happening in my ear. It is so loud, it is hard to hear out my good ear. The noise may last up to 30-45 minutes at a time. Anybody out there have any suggestions?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      Need more info. Does anything seem to trigger it? Anything at all? It's really weird that it lasts so long and then disappears completely.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Diane Schaumberg
      Irritated

Diane Schaumberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Damage to ear
      Nothing seems to trigger it. It starts out softly and becomes increasingly louder. Have had cat spans and an mri. No tumor, etc. They said it is tinnitus ans basically I have to live with it. Any "home remedies" or suggestions?

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Sorry but you need to debug it more than that. Yes it is Tinnitus, but that's only a symptom - you need to root cause it.
      Did you do a hearing test? Did you have your CT scan checked by multiple people? Do you do a physical and complete blood/urine work?

The tinnitus isn't a disease - it's just a symptom of something else that you need to figure out (if you can), because if you manage to root cause it, you may be lucky enough to be able to fix it. Don't give up so early.