Noizezz Proguard

Discussion in 'Support' started by Stina, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Hello!

I have a plug related question. I bought Noizezz Proguard Plugs with orange filters (30 db) online (http://www.proguarduk.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41) (the ones with orange filter) I used them today to a party at a friends' house. They did have loud musi so I suppose the music was not very quiet (big speakers on max volume) and the plugs were fine for that. However, I have the feeling that in many bars music is a lot louder and in this case these types of plugs wont help. I did find many good plugs online, but a lot of them are produed in the US which means no shipping to Estonia or paying 55 dollars for shpping only which is a little too expensive. Has anyone got an experience with these plugs or can anyone recommend extra strong plugs? Maybe my idea of plugs being stronger is just illusional. Naturally, if that is the case I will just not go to bars. Thank you in advance.

2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      What plugs of interest did you find in the US? I'm just curious.

Plugs with 30dB noise reduction rate are pretty much the highest there is. Noizezz seems to have ones with 33dB NRR, and Hearos among some others have 33dB NRR foam plugs available also. I've never seen plugs that offer higher than 33dB of NRR.

You could try some of those 33dB NRR foam plugs and see if you think they provide a better protection. But to be honest, your Noizezz plugs should be enough for many places... if you really want to play it safe and go clubbing with style, put your earplugs in and then muffs on top. If anybody asks or looks at you funny, tell 'em you are taking care of your precious hearing.

Markku

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Rhea
      Volatile

Rhea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hearos 32db reduction soft foam plugs all the way for me. Having been using the 10 years and never found any that are better or more comfortable or block out more sound. They are relatively cheap to buy on amazon or ebay.....I buy in bulk :)

4. Rhea
      Volatile

Rhea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Also, you can use each pair more than once and you can wash them in warm soapy water BUT bear in mind after a few uses the foam starts to break down inside and they become less effective. After you have washed them even once I fine the seem to become distinctly less effective. I basically use a pair a couple of times without washing them and keep them in a clean plastic container in my bag and then throw them and move onto the next pair.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Thanks for the replies:) I also have Mack's 33 db plugs but they are not stronger than the Noizezz plugs. I think my expectations were maybe just too high. Luckily I dont feel the need to go to very loud places such as clubs and bars, but now I know to pick more quiet places.
      @Markku I wanted to order plugs from earplugstore.com, but it is really a little bit too expensive. But I found another site: allearplugs.com and they also have some good plugs. Im quite happy with the Noizezz orange plugs though, because they are comfy and relatively invisible.

• Like Like x 1