Non-Tinnitus Related Regrets

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cullenbohannon, Apr 7, 2015.

1. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Hey everyone, I was curious as to what regrets you have. Is there anything you wish you did or didn't do, not related to tinnitus. I have a few that I'll talk about once I get my laptop fixed. (currently on my phone). Thanks in advance to anyone who participates in this thread.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Not traveling more before my ears became messed. Not going after some of my dreams.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Brianna
      No Mood

Brianna Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No clue - too many causes.
      Decades ago understanding tinnitus isn't literally a "ringing in the ears." Now that I have it, I know that. I could've been proactive if I knew. I'm working on major possible causes (who really knows) to keep it at bay now and much is automatic. My end result will transition from non-organics to organics. I'd rather pay now to change my chemistry makeup (and not on my face :) ) rather than later.

4. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Just a shame about lack of awareness for a very common condition.

5. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      lack of awareness is because not a lot of people have it "suicide bad"

my non-tinnitus related regret is i used to be an assh***** to some people close to me...

6. Brianna
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      We've got probably just about 40 years between our ages. I think I was also part of the early round of kids who got the Salk polio vaccine in sugar cubes. I saw The Beatles on Ed Sullivan (you know one of them at least :) ) and in school the next day, my girl classmates swooned over them (4th grade) and I didn't know why. I don't like the medical industries here but it really was just the beginning of awareness and I watched the changes over many years.

7. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Well, tinnitus numbers will get bigger and bigger this generation as the world is far louder than what it used to be.

8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Arguing with close ones happens to everyone.

9. Brianna
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very true, Danny Boy, I can't dispute that. Hopefully, there will be some accurate reporting and tracking of it that I haven't seen enough of in my generation and even less of in my parents' generation. It reminds me of what happened with fibro-mayalsia (can't spell it) and debilitating lyme where women were dismissed and told by physicians to see shrinks or it was all in their head. After years of being ignored, they're recognized as a valid and potentially crippling diseases. It took a lot of persistent people with loud voices (almost activist-like) to force studies and bring awareness. That's left mostly to younger generations and it's what you'll have to do (I believe).

10. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Totally agree with you! The doctor dre headphones will cause tinnitus alone..I can hear people's music on the bus like really clearly...

11. Brianna
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      DB: Here's what I see as our reality after being on this forum for long enough.
      1. We really and truly don't know what will cause T in one person or another. Everyone's story is fairly unique with few exceptions. (This was more obvious in the armed services forum I stumbled on - their common denominator was CLEARLY loud noises on a continuing basis caused their tinnitus.)

We all have bits to which we can relate in others (our "thread" of commonality) but my belief ends there. It doesn't mean I don't believe the poster and I try things suggested based on my need and my own belief. Anything that appears to come directly out of the med/pharm. community, lol ... I tend to disregard those minimally, I'm completely skeptical of that. It's who I am.

You have a tenacity and spirit that I don't have anymore. I've done my time. I'll have to re-engage depending on what happens in the elections in the U.S. next year. I've done massive undertakings but T is frickin' beyond me. I thinks it's fabulous - your quest and your never-ending search for a solution. You like a knight of the round table seeking the holy grail. It may be out there and you're one of others here who may actually force a finding of it. Hey, I like this analogy and really believe it applies to you and others out here.
      2. I don't know if headphones can cause T but that's one thing that really appears likely to me. I believe you know my thoughts well enough from my posts that I also am somewhat (?!) skeptical of doctors and what they say. I believe LOUD SOUNDS diminish hearing (that seems pretty obvious). It's conceivable that it messes up your brain enough to create T as I see that pattern in my limited world.

So, Sir Danny Boy, my suggestion only - look at the posts, listen to doctors carefully and dissect what they say, and gather information. You're doing that mostly now. I just hope you keep doing it. Then, make your best guess as to what will serve you and let us know if you find the holy grail. Then we can try your solution or our own.

Thanks. It's always a pleasure to see what you're doing and where you're going to seek peace.

12. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Will do and I will find the holy grail, so just watch this space!

13. Brianna
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Honestly, I will be watching this space to see where you go in life and what you bring.

I know there have been improvements to the medical system or some friends of mine would be dead. I also
      believe in what believing does. Right now, you are the man who can prove that. You know it's not due to
      any belief in god but rather my belief in what mind over matter can do.

14. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Well, I'm thinking of getting china to design an awesome tinnitus drug...But that's another story.

15. Brianna
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Based on what, Sir Danny Boy? I'll leave you alone. I'm getting stared down by two rats who would like to be released from their prison.

16. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Well, I was thinking about combing Autifony's drug with parts of trobalts...And add a dash of some campral and mix he pot haha.

17. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      not continue to playing musical instrument when I started it young.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Calories
      Surrender

Calories Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      B12 Difficiency, Possibly salycilic poising from fenugreek and ginger
      My regrets, Agreeing to marry a girl 9 years younger than me! My better half needs to see the world, enjoy life, have a healthier husband. Tried to talk her off the marriage, she says she Loves me and will keep the marriage despite my whole host of health and mental issues (Trigger Tinnitus)!!! If I could go back in time, I would have shot me before I got tinnitus and She would have found a healthier husband and happy life! Then there are few more.