Normal Hearing Test Results — Meaning?

Discussion in 'Support' started by amandine, Dec 17, 2014.

1. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Dr. Charlie

Dr. Charlie,

I wonder if you as an ENT expert could answer this question for us on TT please.

So often we see that people with T have had hearing tests (mostly up to 8khz) receiving the result that their hearing is normal or normal for their age.
      Just now there was a post saying that normal hearing is up to -20db.
      Please can you explain what is normal hearing loss (or hearing loss) for a person in their 20's, 30's 40's 50's 60's 70's please.
      It is too confusing and no explanation forthcoming from the ent.
      This is the most important part of my post here and would really appreciate it if you could clarify on this hearing test and loss of hearing please.

However whilst on here, I have attached a few other questions below if you have the time please to answer these as well. with many thanks

Also, can you please explain how stress or anxiousness can affect the sound pitch or volume of T?
      Why do T sufferers start to have panic attacks when they never had anything like that before the onset of T?
      What is your attitude to taking a benzo small amount each day to control panic - is that a good or bad thing to do?

• Creative Creative x 1
    2. Philemon

Philemon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild NIHL
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Philemon

Cheers for this.
      I shall have a look.
      Was wondering up to 8khz as well.

Also hoping that @Dr. Charlie can give his expert view on this too as he has years of personal experience.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      Had a look at the above but didnt really answer my questions.

Can @Dr. Charlie please answer these questions. How much is the average hearing loss per decade or how is it measured as normal?