Not a Success but Talking and Thinking About Tinnitus Is Starting to Bore Me...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jason37, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      Not a success but talking and thinking about tinnitus is starting to bore me... I only really worry about it getting worse now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      Stop thinking about tinnitus getting worse, that's what the brain tinnitus feeds on. Think only 3 months at a time, and the events that need to get done, that way you won't think about tinnitus getting worse. It works for me. I only think in the now.

3. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      I remember hitting that point, too. I went from obsessively talking about it with family and friends, to not wanting to talk about it.

For it getting worse, that’s always a fear but I realized that no matter what I do to prevent it, it could end up getting worse anyway due to a virus or eventually presbycusis.

I use hearing protection when appropriate, but decided to not worry anymore. Hypothetically, if it does get worse, I would be annoyed that I’d spent so much time and energy worrying about it and being miserable.

• Agree Agree x 4
    4. MartinH
      Angry

MartinH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows?
      I was just thinking the very same thing. I'm a newbie, just over 3 weeks in. Still hoping there's hope that it'll go away. I think I'm probably hanging too many hopes on hearing aids so I'm trying to learn different ways to cope without them.

5. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Success can mean different things to many people. Don't let other people's definition of success DEFINE your success....

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    6. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      I look forward to the day when I hit burnout on over focusing on T and just get on with life. I think I'm on the cusp now and hope to slowly start fading from the site.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      I am like this, this is a great topic. Indeed after a while T feels like that boring friend that has really over stayed her welcome, so you're just ignoring her until she gets the hint and leave. Either way, I was having my ear plugs in the other day and I thought...ya know...if my T ever gets as loud as this without plugs...i'll just live with it.

Whatever, I just look up at the sky and think, this God has an awful sense of humor...but if i really think about it...i do find it really funny (the fact that i have T...not that T is funny in itself). Either way, yeah T is boring, so i just play video games or go on my boat and watch the sunset on the deck =]

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1