Not New to Tinnitus — New to the Forum — Having Issues with a Roaring Tinnitus Sound

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dnews18, May 17, 2019.

1. dnews18

dnews18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So I’m 19 years old and I’ve had tinnitus for a long time. It’s never really bugged me that bad until the summer of 2017 it got bad and as usual you freak out and don’t know what to do. So I lived with it and the worst of it lasted about 2 months, then I was back to being able to handle it.

And since then I’ve been pretty good. I’ve had a few bad days here and there with it but overall not bad.

But ever since about 2 months ago my tinnitus got bad again, the worst it has ever been, it started for no reason and just got gradually worse. I had high pitched ringing and low pitch ringing and different tones and things. I was battling some health issues just after the tinnitus started up again, and still am but I’m much better.

The doctors and all that, think I may have a form of lupus. They aren’t sure yet.

But anyways I’ve started taking supplements like vitamin D3, iron, folic acid, zinc, magnesium, and I started taking Cordyceps mushroom powder, my high pitched ringing has gotten better since I’ve been taking all that, but now I’m having issues with a roaring. I have super bad anxiety and I know that makes it 10 times worse.

Does anybody else have a roaring?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Having T that is roaring is quite common. It has been posted and discussed quite often in the past. So if no enough people with roaring T respond here. you can do a search on TT. Just click the Forum button on the top left, then type roaring in the search box and you will see many prior threads. Good luck.

3. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Before we assume anything about tinnitus, do you have a history of loud noise exposure? If so how recent?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dnews18

dnews18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I’ve had noise exposure, yes but this didn’t start after it. It comes and goes when it wants