Not Sure If It's Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by menak13, May 14, 2017.

1. menak13

menak13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey
      So I have had this problem since 2011. I am not sure if it's tinnitus, but here are the symptoms:

1. I have a constant sound in my head. If I press the back of my head or move around or clench my teeth it's quite loud. I am iron and B12 deficient. And I have noticed that it tends to increase more if I am low on those.

2. I have really bad memory problems that started around the same time I got this sound in my head. I am always in a haze and feel like I am asleep and like in a dream like state. I feel cognitively impaired and no longer feel certain emotions. I used to be very sensitive person but was relatively intelligent. Now not so much. I used to feel a range of emotions. But I feel brain dead. I have had a ear test done. Been to a psychiatrist. No one has been able to find any answer.

Thoughts?

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes you do have Tinnitus, since you have a constant sound in your head.
      Tinnitus may actually be just one of the symptoms of the larger issue that brings you all of these other symptoms.
      You may want to go beyond the "ear" to try to root cause your problem, as what you describe seems to have a bigger scope. If I were in your shoes I'd start from the basics: physical with full blood panel, imaging, etc... your GP should be able to guide you in the diagnosis process.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The above is consistent with tinnitus, except for the part in curly brackets.

Is it the case that you can change the pitch and volume just by moving around? Can you keep the sound quieter for 15 minutes just by moving around a certain way?

What is the sound like? How old were you when you began to experience that brain fog?

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      menak13

menak13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes I can change the pitch/volume. However, its never goes quiet, its there constantly. Its a sound of TV static. I started experiencing problems at 20-21.

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      That part doesn't sound like tinnitus.

Brain fog is a symptom of many conditions, including mental illness conditions. Three quarters of mental illness conditions begin by age 24.
      https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/warning-signs-of-mental-illness

If your symptoms were to begin in your 30s, I would exclude mental illness. But it looks like it can't be excluded.

I would visit a psychiatrist. It could be some minor chemical imbalance in the brain that is causing your symptoms. These days they can successfully treat many of these conditions.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      menak13

menak13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      actually I have visited one but he said nothing is wrong with me. although I told him I have loss of interest in many things and have problem with emotions.

7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      menak13

menak13 Member

Tinnitus Since: