Now Low Fuzzing (Ffffzzzz) in Both Ears — Why?

Discussion in 'Support' started by SecretDoubleCat, Mar 26, 2019.

1. SecretDoubleCat

SecretDoubleCat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      History of attending concerts; one night of THC toxicity
      My tinnitus started out as a high pitch in my right ear. Since then I’ve driven and flown but taken precautions and used earplugs and things have been okay. Stressful days are worse and light days are better.

I fished for a few hours on a windy dock. I’ve used noise canceling headphones with earplugs in. I’ve had some driving without earplugs. I’ve had some moments of great stress.

The new low fuzzing in both ears— is it real? Is it just the way the one ear sound presents when it is quiet and my brain can’t decide which side the noise is really on?

What could have caused this? What should I learn from this?

Please be nice, everyone. Please.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Is it only present with plugs in?

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      When you say low fuzzing, it is low pitched humming? If it is there has been many discussions in the past on this type of ringing which you can do a search to find out. Generally it can be due to ear fluid causing feeling of fullness, or Meniere's. If you don't have vertigo, then it may not be for that. However many others have posted that they have low humming tinnitus but not due to Meniere's. Blood pressure issue can cause this low humming too and some eventually develop pulsatile tinnitus.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SecretDoubleCat

SecretDoubleCat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think it’s only present with ear plugs in. But sometimes late at night I think I hear it.

I don’t have vertigo. I think? I’d know it, right?

I also don’t have high blood pressure but I get stressed a lot. Maybe just avoid stress?

What is pulsatile tinnitus versus other kinds?

It’s not super low. It’s just lower.

It’s like a fffzzzz.

Right now I’m eating a quietist dinner with family and even if I search out the noises, I can’t hear them. So life can’t be that bad, right?

5. JohnFox

JohnFox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Sudden loss of 100% hearing R ear with Tinnitus
      Thank your lucky stars that for you its only: "...late at night I think I hear it." I too have the "fuzzy" noise in me head, and I don't have to wonder if I am hearing it. It's loud and clear, every day, all day, all night,....24/7. Yes, there is now an untuned radio planted inside my head with apparently nuclear powered batteries.

Anyway, I really am sorry you have a bit of this calamity that is so prevailing with many in this forum, but I am happy for you that it isn't bad enough to have a major impact on your life like so many in here. Take care of those ears.

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It sounds like either driving without earplugs or the stress that you said you have been experiencing gave you a tinnitus spike. Temporary spikes can last for over three months, so right now it is still reasonable to assume that your spike will end up being temporary.

Your tinnitus is new. New tinnitus is often volatile.

In any case, try to reduce your stress (I realize that this is easier said than done) and try to not worry about this new tone.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SecretDoubleCat

SecretDoubleCat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      WEIRD DEVELOPMENT!

I was sitting in the tub, facing the wall. I had a long day with stress, not enough water, driving, some noise. I realize that when I tilt my head, whichever ear is facing the ceiling hears slightly louder low fuzzz. What is up with that?

I don’t think I’m making that up. Maybe it doesn’t switch ears... but definitely turning my head is having an effect.

Lying the floor, facing the ceiling. A little fuzz. Turning to the right and ear to the floor... the fuzz is a little louder?

I feel pretty dehydrated, maybe.

I have also been in the water. And maybe pushed earplugs too far?

I definitely have TMJ and muscle tightness and stuff. Some light searches show that this could be treatable if it changes when I move my neck/head muscles.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SecretDoubleCat

SecretDoubleCat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It could be that TMJ is having an impact on your T. As you tilt your head, your jaw moves slightly...
      Makes sense to me.