Numb Ear and Hearing Loss After Ear Wax Cleaning

Discussion in 'Support' started by grime, May 27, 2020.

1. grime
      In pain

grime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      idk, noise? stress? maybe even dormant syphilis returning
      I went to the ENT to check on my sinuses (turns out I was having a migraine).
      ENT got excited when she saw wax buildup in my ears, started going crazy before I could even say no.

She dropped hydrogen peroxide and put some numbing agent on a cotton ball in my ears and nose.
      The whole face was numb.

She also did some vacuuming in my LEFT ear (the ear unaffected by this) but I told her to stop because of the noise.

5 hours later, the rest of my face has cleared up but my right ear still feels totally numb. There is SERIOUS hearing loss in this ear now, drastically different from my left ear. Tinnitus is louder in this ear now as well.

I'm flipping out a little bit. Does anyone have any similar experiences or have any idea what's happening? Any guesses whether this will be a permanent repercussion?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      The only real advice I can give is to take it easy, and get lots of sleep.

I've had that numb feeling a couple times before and it's fucking scary but luckily it went away after a while.

• Like Like x 1