Oh My God! What Is Happening? Hearing the "Underlying Tone" When People Talk

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tintintin, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Tintintin

Tintintin Member

Hello,

i just recently had tinnitus in my right ear, and now its completely gone, and then i got tinnitus in my left year, which is so low that i can barely hear it. But, i noticed something extremely strange.

When people are talking, i can like, hear the underlaying tone in their voice somethimes. This happens only in my right ear, where the tinn is gone:

Its like, if you say: "Hi, my name is todd. I like ice cream", i can hear what your saying, but in addition iwth some delay, i hear: "NN, NNN NNN N NNNN. .." Like the constantly changing tone of your voice, i can hear the way you¨re speaking, in tones..

What is thisss?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tintintin

Tintintin Member

the sound is like when someone is talking through a fan, or a tube.

It's scary.

3. Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Decrease of Hearing i presume.
      I don’t really understand what you have, but if it continue, maybe seeing a doctor will reveal some issues with eardrum? like something Blocing it partially?

What caused yout T?

4. SleeplessSoul
      Insomnious

SleeplessSoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Like echoes or distortion?

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tintintin

Tintintin Member

It's echo and distortion a - like , should I go to the doctor?is it related to the tinnitus?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tintintin

Tintintin Member

Music and stress, mostly loud music, I think.

7. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
    8. Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

@Tintintin do you have also problem of transitory imbalance,dizzines or real vertigo? Nausea without vomit? Have you performed an MRI scans with gadolinium of the deep ear and petrous bone?

• Useful Useful x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tintintin

Tintintin Member

I'm sorry, maybe I mislead you guys.

I have a metallic echo. It makes a normal conversation louder, and it's kind of deep metallic sound. It's the same with every sound. Eight days before, I did have tinnitus in this ear, but it vanished for two days, and I got this echo. And I got very mild tinnitus in the other ear instead. (which I i feel would be easy to live with -). But the echo is not something I feel I could live with. It makes weak noises, loud metallic.

Is the same with music.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tintintin

Tintintin Member

It's like when listening to a shell. I can hear a delay. Like the noise exists in the ear afterwards as well(when watching a football match because then I hear instant noise)

11. SleeplessSoul
      Insomnious

SleeplessSoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      I had that sound too before I developed the t. I think it was some sort of hyperacusis amd I may have had some fluid in my ear. After I took Afrin nasal spray for a couple of days the Echo and distortion went away. I told my ENT but she just said hmm, interesting amd did tell me it was hyperacusis.
      Then the t started right after the echoes went away.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tintintin

Tintintin Member

It might be, I'm going to the cinema with weak tinnitus in the right ear and high echo in the other. Should I use ear plugs?

13. SleeplessSoul
      Insomnious

SleeplessSoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      I would. I can't go into a cinema at all. So yes. Protect your ears in there.