OMG 3 New Sounds in 3 Weeks

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bex274, Jul 16, 2017 at 7:50 PM.

1. Bex274

Bex274 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert?
      Omg my month keeps going from bad to worse. In my 20 odd years of tinnitus I have never had this amount of noise and for no obvious reason.

I'm constantly contacting my audiologist as I'm beside myself I'm back on an upped dosage of AD.

I went from sound coming and going, a lawnmower noise (all of which have vanished) yesterday I had a great day and now my normal hissing is almost vibrating (but not like the hissing sound is being shaken) if that make sense and constantly I've never had this and I've had enough when will these stop!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Sorry to hear that, how did it used to be?
      Mine hisses and when it comes from all over the head it feels like a vibration, almost a physical sensation rather than a sound?
      Hope it gets back to baseline, have you seen an ENT to rule out anything?
      Once they do one day at a time...I know it sucks but many people live happy lives with t.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Tinnitus seems to have a mind of its own.
      Make sure your drinking lots of fluid as it helps...Love glynis

4. Bex274

Bex274 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert?
      Thanks ladies I can't explain but basically I've had a high hissing for ever - this is still my hissing but almost like it's going crazy and it's sort of going in and out (almost as in an alarm) not sure how to describe. I have an audiologist/tinnitus therapist who has helped me loads during the last 5yrs - I'm currently going through a real rough patch with my anxiety and depression this is week 3 almost of increased meds - so I'm sure it's all co insides but this is a new noise. Glynis I'm drinking just not eating (due to anxiety) I've lost over a stone and a half in the last two weeks - it's awful!! I can't believe these sounds I'm scared up wake up tomorrow and il hear voices

5. Bex274

Bex274 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert?
      Damn hiss I just wish it wasn't Groundhog Day everyday

6. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      What new meds are you on? What we're u on before @Bex274 - so your noise is like a pulsating hiss...hopefully it will settle back down. Try and sleep as much as you can x

7. Bex274

Bex274 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert?
      I'm on 100mg sertraline I don't know if it's pulsing or just the tone and pitch waving @Candy

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. summ
      No Mood

summ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck + frequent inflammation + noise/pressure
      @Bex274 your meds were switched to sertraline 3 weeks ago or was your dosage upped? Sertraline has T as a side effect.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017 at 8:56 AM
    9. Bex274

Bex274 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert?
      No just upped sertraline from 50mg to 100mg @summ ive been on 100 before about 5yrs ago but this noise is horrendous 24:7