OMG, Even Carrots

Discussion in 'Support' started by Pat, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Pat

Pat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Hi Everyone. Well I finally decided to eat healthier, I quit diet pop, chips , sweets , I'm even getting use to decaf coffee and tea. As I'm on my third night of eating baby carrots by the hand full, I decide to google the benifits of my healthy snack. Geeeeeze. Maybe thats why my t's acting up so bad.
      There loaded with sodium. What next...

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      It seems like you just can't win these days, doesn't it!! Even the foods we think are healthy are full of the wrong things; too many processed "natural" foods out there! But hang in there, you are doing the right thing by trying to eat healthier. The naturopath I'm working with told me to try eating mostly whole foods, especially raw whole foods. Those dietary changes can really help with tinnitus.

3. Rachael

Rachael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      I drank daily smoothies blended with: celery, fresh ginger (one inch), garlic (1-4 cloves) and kale or spinach with water. I also snacked on avocados and eggs. In about a month, my tinnitus noticeably reduced, and I had several days I did not hear anything.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      In your other post about smoothies, you said, "I also snacked on avocados, carrots and eggs." Apparently what's good for one person is not good for the other.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/shake-gave-me-days-of-silence.10514/#post-129104

5. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      If you are only a few days into your new diet then it is possible your body is reacting to the withdrawal of the nasties like processed sugar, and your t will settle down again soon. I'd stick with it a bit longer and give your body time to adjust. It may not improve your t overall, but you'll definitely be healthier. :)

P.S. I'm a big fan of redbush tea as an alternative to normal tea. It is naturally caffeine free.

6. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Rhonda's Ultimate Micronutrient Smoothie

• Informative Informative x 1
    7. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      T is much more complex than just food itself, addition of certain foods or the elimination of certain foods. In addition to what you ate, there might be a whole host of factors to why your T was louder. It could a combination of what you ate, that extra coffee, how you slept the night before, were you anxious about something, did you just do an activity that raised your blood pressure some (even walking) or that fire truck that drove by. Don't try to figure T out, it doesn't try to figure you out. Just when you think you found something to tame your T, the next time you try to do it, it makes no difference. It is best just to go about your day, doing what you want, when you want and in the end you will be a lot happier.

• Agree Agree x 5
    8. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The problem with the Internet is you can find information to support or discredit any idea you want! You could see a site saying carrots are bad and read another that says they're good. I do not believe any food is good or bad, it's just food unless you are being ridiculous and eating so many carrots a day you turn orange or chocolates every day making you fat or diabetic.
      It's not the food itself but how you use it and how much you have.

• Agree Agree x 1