OMG I Think it Went Away

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marie79, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      You would think I would be happy but I now hear this low drone type noise. I am not sure if it's a noise I always had that the tinnitus was louder then or just the electronic noises that were always coming across as high pitch or just house electronic noises that I couldn't hear.

I don't know what to think. Either the high pitch ring is 95% gone or I have this drone noise that is covering it or I always had this drone noise because who knows why? Who in their right mind ever sat in silence wondering what they hear???

Just don't get mad at me I don't know what to think.

I just hope the drone noise isn't from my ears getting screwed up more and now it's just louder than the original high pitched that's still there but all the masking screwed up my ears.

I need to get a hearing test anyway so I will find out in that booth. Maybe I shouldn't go because thinking the drone noise is just house noises is so much better.

• Like Like x 1
    2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I hate to tell you this @Marie79, but your ears are f*cked up like mine. Other than that you'll be fine.

3. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Marie I've had drone noise for 5 years now and I can tell you there is no confusion if the noise is coming from my head or outside.
      I don't know how is it even possible not to know where the noise is coming from.
      I hope it's a household noise for you as having drone noise is not fun at all.

4. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Marie, if you cover your ears, and you can hear those drones louders its deff inside your head.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I know I read your posts. I'm a bit scared to figure it out. I have a window air conditioning would it be considered mild if that masked it?

6. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I beg to differ.

Sometimes i find it difficult to isolate where my sounds are coming from.

At night, i became aware of a low engine noise...i was adamant it was a car idling in the street.

It wasnt till i was visiting a friends rural property, away from traffic, that i realised this engine noise was being generated by my brain.

There have been other times when i hear something and havent been able to discern between external and internal sounds. I have found my inability to trust my audition a bit unsettling at times.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      How are you doing with it all now?

8. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Mostly ok ..

Atm im bothered by it ..

But i have other issues going on which i think impact on my habituation...

9. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I couldn't tell you if it's mild or not but being a low frequency noise it is generally masked easier than high pitched noises.

10. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Why does it matter if it is mild or not? Is it going to make it easier for you if so?

11. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I was just trying to be funny.:D Ignore my comment. I'm having a string of loud days with hissing.

12. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      I was actually convinced for a solid 5 hours that I had developed a new noise like a month ago. It was coming from the construction site across the street.

• Funny Funny x 1
    13. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      @Marie79, think ur new noise would not cover the high pitch one, maybe u had it before and higher pitch drowned it? If it's a maskable noise, mask in house with everyday sounds and don't dwell on it if you can't hear it outside, in the car at the mall...try and behave 'as if' and u seem a good candidate for habituation...

14. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I think I'd rather hear a low-pitched drone noise than a high-pitched tone anytime. Consider yourself lucky!

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Ok I know I said this in a big long post but I want to say again since I have not been told this by ANYONE in this awful journey other than the girl who posted about her dad.

What do they mean by "tune it out?"

When you hear the T focus on another noise. For me this has made a HUGE difference in the past couple weeks since I've started it. Also crickets. The whole "don't put your masking above your T" made it so much worse for me because it's all I focused on (that might work for you but for me it did not). Now if the T upsets me I put on the damn crickets AND if I still hear the T in other times or even while listening to the crickets I focus on another noise. Just try it. If you hear your T and the white noise machine is on focus on the white noise machine. If you hear your T and you are at a park listen and pay attention to the other noises. I really hope this helps people and maybe in a few months I can write something in the success stories.

I can now say I am like 40% more understanding when people say they have T and they can just tune it out very easily. It eventually becomes natural. I'm crossing my fingers I'm really on the way to being normal again.

16. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Michael I know what you're saying but drone is not easy either.
      It's very "physical" and quite disturbing:(
      High or low it's an absolute hell!

• Agree Agree x 1