On What Day Do You Take Prednisolone If the Tinnitus Spike Does Not Resolve?

Discussion in 'Support' started by IvanRus, Jan 8, 2018.

1. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      On what day do you usually take prednisolone, if the spike, spike, splash of tinnitus does not pass?

Does it help? Or do you use other methods? In what dosage do you take the hormone and with what multiplicity?

You were exposed to loud high-frequency noise during tinnitus, how did this affect you?

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Never, because there's basically no reliable evidence that it's a good idea, and substantial evidence that it can be dangerous. To the extent that Prednisone does anything for SSHL (some evidence) or noise trauma (much less evidence), the window for it to be administered is hours, not days.

What are you trying to treat? Do you think you have an autoimmune problem? How would prednisone be helpful?

Loud, high pitched noises can definitely set my tinnitus off and make it worse for a day or two / as long as I keep obsessively monitoring it.

You're taking Phenzaepam, right? I'd watch it with that, it definitely didn't do my ears any favors and overall I found it a much more unreliable and difficult benzo to deal with than just about anything else.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I start taking it right away, and when T resolves, I stop taking it.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Yes, I take phenazepam, but in small doses and not on an ongoing basis.

Today I drank a small dose of prednisolone for the first time. Since 5 days ago I suffered a loud, albeit short, mettalic noise. I was very nervous about this. This is despite the fact that I have been taking antidepressant SSRIs long enough.

Yes, such cases have happened, but usually spike and reactive tinnitus passed, maximum, for 3 days. Now it is already the 5th day and the noise does not subside to the former.

I did audiometry in the application, in which I check the ears always in the same headphones, and follow the dynamics. I was impressed that I hear a little worse at 2000 Hz than before. I started prednisolone, I also think of starting cytoflavin (nicotinamide and so on.

This worried me. What do you think, can there be any mistake here. I began to hear worse on 2000 Hz with one ear. The second I hear the same as before. For the purity of the experiment, I even changed the headphones in places. can this be due to the fact that the frequency of noise in the ear coincides with this frequency? What do you advise? Thank you.

5. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      So you’re still taking prednisone or do you no longer have T?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      I did audiometry in the application, in which I check the ears always in the same headphones, and follow the dynamics. I was impressed that I hear a little worse at 2000 Hz than before. I started prednisolone, I also think of starting cytoflavin (nicotinamide and so on.

7. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Did an audiologist administer the test or did you? User applied online tests are not accurate. I can take the same online test 10 minutes apart and get a slightly different result.

Are you seeing anyone for your anxiety? Be cautious because prednisone can increase anxiety. My tinnitus was louder and more intrusive while taking oral steroids.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      No, I myself do audiometry in a very good application on android. In the same headphones. for already six months. So the probability of data corruption is small. I even changed the headphones in places for the purity of the experiment - and I hear 2000 Hz in one ear, others do not. What to do ...
      It's true that the level of noise in the ears is directly proportional to the level of hearing loss in DB?

9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thanks for pointing this out. I meant to write "when the spike resolves"...

10. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      As I understand, if you are waiting for a spike to resolve then you have already missed the right window in which you should take it.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      You usually take prednisolone in accordance with circadian rhythms, according to the instructions at 6-10 am?

Did you ever take prednisolone in the afternoon? For example, at 15 o'clock in the afternoon? How did this affect the side effects in this case?

Prednisolone significantly reduces your spike, or is it rather a psychological placebo?

12. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Too many people are taking prednisone as a safety blanket and abusing it basically.