One Ear Clogged — It Caused Tinnitus and Now Returns: Is This TTTS or TMJ?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nav J, May 4, 2020.

1. Nav J

Nav J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD? Clogged Left Ear, felt like under water.
      Hi,

My tinnitus started about 5 weeks ago after 2 -3 days my left ear feeling clogged and muffled. After 2-3 days of this feeling it was gone but I woke up to high pitch sound in my left ear and since then I had tinnitus in my left ear, sometimes I could hear it in right ear when I lay down. However mostly it has been in my left ear.

For the past 2 days my left ear feels really clogged again, there seems to be tinnitus but much lower in volume today and every time I play loud sound my ear seems to like twitch and distort the sound somewhat. Does anyone have a similar experience? Is this TTTS or TMJ?

2. Croaker
      Haunting

Croaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019 T, 04/2020 H
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones/Car Alarm/Immune Response?
      As a total layman with somewhat similar symptoms that sounds like TTTS to me. I’ve never had sound distortion though. It’s always worth exploring other causes like TMJ of course. For me, my noise sensitivity is heavily affected by my anxiety. It might sound silly but find a way to massage your lower back and work on your posture. For some reason this reduces the feeling of fullness in my ears. Worst thing that can happen is your back/neck feeling better!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nav J

Nav J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I would get distortion and twitching in my ear (like the ear drum is vibrating faster) from speaker phone or my laptop speakers even at lowest volume of the speaker phone, however it does happen if I listen to my external speakers even if I listen on higher volumes.

Anyways the clogginess feeling started to go away last night and fully went away when I woke up this morning. However, my tinnitus is a little louder than last week before this cloggy feeling but less loud than last night and when the cloggy feeling started.

I only have tinnitus on my left side/ear. Few things I noticed when I stand up it's the least loudest, when I sit it gets louder, and when I lay down it's the loudest. Doing some finding on this forum I think my Tinnitus might be due to cervical spine/neck instability, this might be caused by me using my laptops for years laying down on my right side, with head-on pillows.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nav J

Nav J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Guys,

Just update my 2 months are approaching and I am guessing my Tinnitus will be permanent haha.
      So my Tinnitus 90% of time seems to be my left ear which felt clogged and like I was underwater when my Tinnitus first started, most of the time it's a hiss and once or twice a week it turns into a high pitch sound like electric buzz.

I had a question, I notice I can twitch my muscle in my right ear by just reflex my face, idk if I am reflexing the muscle or ear drum. Does anyone know? However I can't do that same for my left ear, does anyone know why or what is normal?

Also I notice on certain days when I open my mouth, yawn I can hear something in my right ear like crackling sound, like something is rubbing against something else.

5. Jaysterk
      Blah

Jaysterk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      Did you figure this out?

6. wocaonima

wocaonima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      This is exactly how my T started.

and this is exactly the same for me. But my T is in my right ear only, the same side that I can reflex the muscle.

how is your T now? @Nav J