One of My Sounds Goes Away When Sound Is Present

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rick Austin, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Rick Austin
      Chowing

Rick Austin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably loud music for too long
      Hey new here. I don't really feel like telling my story so I'll do it a bit lazily.

It first began randomly while watching a video.
      I was very scared at first, afraid that it would lead to me losing my hearing.
      The fact that I would never hear silence again also hurt.
      At first used rain sounds to mask it. I decided to binge read Doctor Strange at the time, nice timing. And I'll specifically remember having to play those YouTube videos in the background or I would be too bothered to read.

Fast forward, I hardly care about the sound anymore, don't need anything to mask it usually. Totally got used to it.

My right ear starts fluttering/popping nonstop for an entire night and the next day i think. It eventually dies down. but now i have a new sound in my right ear. And the popping happens every now and then.

I happen to be feeling alright at the moment but tinnitus has really made that hard for me.

ANYWAY

The sound in my right ear, a very low pitch one, actually goes away if I so much as speak for example, once I stop, there is maybe half a second of absence, then it starts up again. Anybody have that?

Anybody know what that could mean?

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Sounds like Tonic tensor tympani syndrome (TTTS).

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rick Austin
      Chowing

Rick Austin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      oh great a new one. but that's cool, at least I know what it is. what else should i know about this thing?

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I have it too. I am not aware of any cures. However over the course of about six months, my TTTS had gradually improved. Ten months after the acoustic trauma that started it all, I still get some TTTS episodes, but they are rare and last no more than an hour.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rick Austin
      Chowing

Rick Austin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      oh, well that's good. I think it's so much worse than my usual sounds cause i also feel it as well. my least favorite thing in the world