One Party

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by NickVercammen, Dec 16, 2014.

1. NickVercammen
      Scared

NickVercammen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      hi
      last month i went to my first party and didn't wear earplugs.(stupid of me)
      i was nearly deaf when i left because i stood close to the dj.
      i went to the doctor who said i had an infection on my ear and that i would go away.
      it's been a month now and it's still here.
      it's 2am now i got exams tommorow and i can't sleep.

please give me some tips to sleep and not play some sound because i can't sleep from the sound i tried it already

2. Jesse Pinkman
      Badass

Jesse Pinkman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Maybe you havent found the right sound yet. How bad is your T? Is it maskable?

3. MrSoKoLoV
      Anime

MrSoKoLoV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      Have you tried all kinds of possible sounds/music Nick? Try turning on the radio or tv, use a fishtank as background noise, turn on a fan, play sounds of rain, wind, waves or something else. You could also use a ticking clock for example, I do that every night and since it's a "normal" sound to have at night it really helped me especially when it all began.

In the worst case you could ask your doctor for sleeping pills or some other medication that could help you sleep, but I would only advice this as the last option since taking those things isen't good at all. You can also try to make yourself tired before going to bed by exercising before and getting a warm bad/shower afterwards and then turn in for the night.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. OddV
      Assassinator

OddV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      When you turn on the masking noise, focus all of your mental energy on that masking noise... It helped me distract myself from the T and get to sleep. If you find your mind wandering back to the T sound, force it back to the external sound.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      NickVercammen
      Scared

NickVercammen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      my T isn't bad i don't even notice it during the day but it's always there when i go to sleep. i am pretty stressted these days because of some problems in my family maybe once they go away my T will start getting better