Other Sounds with White Noise

Discussion in 'Support' started by centercourt2015, May 21, 2015.

1. centercourt2015

centercourt2015 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hi everyone, I am very glad I found this site and reading some of the things here have made me feel better about myself and my T. However, I can't seem to find anyone else with my problem. Apart from the constant ringing (mostly right), whenever I hear white noise (fan, blower from the bathroom, etc), I also hear a hitch pitch sound almost like a whistle. Initially these sounds I would hear when I would turn on the fan sounded most robotic, but now has changed to a more whistling high pitched sound.

Does anyone else have this? So in a way, it is difficult to hear certain white noises because it does mask the ringing, but it also manifests whistling noises.

2. Barbara777

Barbara777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      I have this also. My T turns into a whistle with any constant sound. Air blowing through the vents seems to be the worst because I have to listen to the vent noise everyday at work. i haven't heard of anyone with this problem, either. My T started in February also. Maybe it's something that will pass...I hope.

3. RicoS
      Confused

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      A lot of people have this...a friend of mine with T also says the same. He searched very long to find the correct fan to sleep but eventualy he found a good one

4. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah I have this, the high pitched portion of my T goes nuts with fan noise, white noise or whatever. My T starts drowning out these other back ground sounds it gets so loud. I guess some call it reactive, I don't know what the proper term is.

5. al3xisnic0le
      Sad

al3xisnic0le Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Did you ever find an official name for this or get treated? I'm currently experiencing this