Painkillers or Other Medicine for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Charles_T, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Charles_T
      Insomnious

Charles_T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity or Benzo Withdrawal
      Hi,

I have had some success with Norcos treating my tinnitus. I also have high frequency hearing loss that the ENT says is from nerve damage.

I wanted to see if anyone else had any help from any pain medication from auditory nerve damage induced tinnitus or if any other medicine helped?

I also have had some help dulling the noise with Xanax although it just comes with some nasty side effects.

All in all the pain from the tinnitus and the fullness in my ear I would take anything to dull the pain and wanted to see if anyone got help from any other medicines?

Thanks!

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Tinnitus itself doesn't give me any pain. It's annoying as hell, but not painful. If i experience pain in my ears, and it feels full...then I usually go and see a doctor and talk it out. I take nothing for my tinnitus, just exercise and drink lots of milk :)

Xanax and those pills are stuff that I avoid. The addiction is horrible and it can spiral life to new levels of hell. I been on them and it was the toughest battle of my life , getting off them. I am not knocking anyone that takes em...I just won't ever touch them again...

Some like these pills and it helps them, so more power and love to them. I also have nerve damage and fibro and I don't take anything for that either, just exercise and remain fit.

Wish you the best of luck!

3. Stu1983
      Studious

Stu1983 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Around 2008/spiked 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2008 sound/2018 Meds made the volume several times worse
      @fishbone
      You’re a soldier bro, resilient and fortitude come to mind when I think of you. Severe tinnitus and hyperacusis is some real stuff man.

Stu
      Love and respect from Toronto

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      I’m about 2-3 months in with this new tinnitus.

Does anyone have any advice for dealing with constant ear pain?
      Is there a non-ototoxic pain killer I could take, or safe anti inflammatory?

It’s still a fullness feeling, but there is pain.

I can deal with the shower loud tinnitus, and the hyperacusis... but in to of that the ear pain really makes doing anything difficult.

Thanks.