Perfect Apartment in Buffalo for Someone with Hyperacusis or Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Aaron123, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      Or maybe someone here posted it? The ad is here: http://buffalo.craigslist.org/apa/5612671392.html

(It occurs to be that it might be against the terms of use to post a CL link. If it isn't allowed, can a mod please delete the link. I have copied the relevant text below. I have no connection to the ad. I just happened across it and had never seen anything like it before. Thanks.)

In the event that it is rented and the ad disappears, I have copied the text and bolded the interesting parts. Part j is the most interesting. (Maybe Richard Salvi is the landlord? http://cdswebserver.med.buffalo.edu/drupal/?q=user/25/view)

Apartment available: 3 bedrooms (two regular size, and one small size), the two bedrooms are on the second floor, washer/drier hock up in the basement, large fenced back yard, large living room, front porch. Quiet neighborhood, very good location, short drive to downtown, close to the lake, close to major grocery stores, very close to a very large laundry, very close bus stop. Water and garbage collection included. The apartment will be available July 1st. The rent is $665 a month, one month security deposit. Monthly payment must be through direct deposit through a bank. Inquiries from only NONSMOKERS, NON HEAVY DRINKERS, NO DRUGS, AND THOSE WHO APPRECIATE QUIETNESS (keeping all forms of sounds contained in the rented space as stated in the lease) are welcome. Your inquiry must point out accepting the terms stated in this ad , how many will reside in the place, and monthly income Please if any of the terms stated above does not work for you, no need to try to rent the wrong place for you. THIS IS FOR SOMEONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR SUCH A PLACE! SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY WILL BE CONTACTED VIA EMAIL FIRST..
      11-[from the lease]
      (i) and tenant's family and guests shall at all times maintain order in the Premises and at all places in the Premises, and shall not make or permit any loud or improper noises, or otherwise disturb other residents;
      (j)-keep all radios, television sets, sterios, phonographs. . .etc. turned down to a level of sound that does not annoy or interfere with other residents
      Exposure to loud noises can damage the specialized hair cells in the inner ear that convert sound into signals to the brain. The result is hearing loss or ringing in the ears, called tinnitus. Often, the ear recovers from temporary loud noises, much like the skin recovers from minor sunburn. But too much exposure can lead to irreparable damage to the hair cells. Unfortunately, Fligor says, some people are more susceptible to this permanent damage, and it's difficult to know who is most sensitive until it's too late. Hearing damage isn't the only potential danger. Research shows that loud noise provokes a stress response in the body, raising blood pressure and causing headaches and sleep disturbances. Chronic exposure to noise may cause problems over the long term, including poor heart health. (Brian Fligor, director of diagnostic audiology at Children's Hospital Boston)

{The ad will be deleted immediately once the match provides the security deposit, and establishes the direct deposit account}.