Planning a Big Move, Need Help Making the Decision Where

Discussion in 'Support' started by yborleevoor, Nov 14, 2017.

1. yborleevoor
      Artistic

yborleevoor Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe stress, maybe depression
      I'm at somewhat of a crossroads.

I had been planning to move out of Florida for about 3 months now. I was going to move to the Boulder area, I don't know know anyone remotely close to that part of the country but it feels like a place I want to live, I love the mountains/skiing/hiking. Then I got T and my adventurous side has gone MIA. Now I'm thinking it's better to move back to Mass with my family/friends (but I hated it there).

I'm just not sure what's best for me mentally, I feel if I make the wrong choice I'll sink deeper into anxiety/isolation and make my T worse. I wouldn't mind some help working through this issue.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It is likely that your passion can be reignited if you get yourself to hike again. You can fly out to Denver for a week. You can then rent a car there and enjoy the outdoors. It shouldn't be too expensive. Chances are this will give you a chance to take your mind off of your T.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vermont is pretty great, you'd have the mountain hiking and also be pretty close to family in Mass

Our mountains aren't the Rockies, but this isn't Kansas either. Good people, good beer, clean air, clean water.

4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      If you hate anything in life, why go near it? I don't think mountains/skiing/hiking are loud enough to further annoy your tinnitus. Go where, you are going to be happy and where you been wanting to go. I am not advising at all, but do what you enjoy. If your family and friends add value to your life and can make it enjoyable, then go there.

You are young and have a bright future....

5. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      I vote for Denver and Boulder. While you're there you can try some medical marijuana. Maybe it will solve all the problems! :thankyousign: Just kidding. I have no idea about that stuff, but people really love Boulder and Denver. OR maybe Vermont or Maine?

6. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      I vote for upstate NY, hiking, biking, skiing. Lakes, affordable, but I also like Maine and Vermont. Check it out.

• Like Like x 1