Playing Around with an Equalizer (Music Sounds Great, Sometimes Tinnitus Is Quieter)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mark5398, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Mark5398

Mark5398 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss?
      Hello everybody.

As this week is my tinnitus' first anniversary :rockingbanana:, I finally thought I might write my first post.
      My tinnitus seems to be dependent on medium hearing loss to high frequencies.

I have obviously tried the usual supplements and vitamins, plus I am going through a cycle of specific tests for gut bacterial imbalances and micronutrients deficiency just to be on the safe side.

I have created a personalised setup on a 31-bands equalizer to enhance the frequencies I do not hear. I got two results:

1) Music sounds great!
      2) Sometimes my tinnitus is quieter after a session of listening to music via the equalizer. The effect can last a few minutes, a few days or bear no effect at all.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes.

3. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Yes

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mark5398

Mark5398 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss?
      Thanks for your answers.

To me it makes sense as my T is a hiss starting at 7/8 Khz and my hearing at frequencies higher than those is nearly non existent.

I was wondering what your experience is like as I noticed that for some people the opposite works: filtering out sounds on the same frequency of the T