Please Explain Hearing Tests I Need (Panic)

Discussion in 'Support' started by mgstarr100, Dec 19, 2016.

1. mgstarr100

mgstarr100 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I am very new to this humming, dizziness, fullness. Bizarre it's almost 100% only there in my house?? Anyway, the ENT prescribed the following tests: CAE, OER, ABR and ECog.

I had assumed they were all just listening to sounds/raising my hands but then decided to look online and was totally freaked when I read about the ecog. They stick something all the way into your ear? Make you dizzy? Someone PLEASE walk me off this ledge! Bad enough that I hear an oceanliner all day!

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      You will be fine if It's the test they put warm fluid in your ear and makes you really dizzy for a minute or so and they see how your eyes react and usually tell you count out loud while dizzy and do it in the other ear.
      Does not take long before your ok just a minute or so and that's it.
      ..lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mgstarr100

mgstarr100 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thank you Glynis. You are so kind to respond so quickly. Wow, I hope it's only warm fluid and not some "instrument!"

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It could be the other test though I had done.
      You have a small tube with gel on in your ear touching your eardrum and passes electrodes and measures fluid in your cochlea and this can be done another way with a needle through your eardrum to measure fluid in your cochlea and the test is to rule out or prove you may have Menieres.
      I do have menieres...lots of love glynis

This test was fine also so don't worry