PLEASE HELP! Tinnitus Got Worse After Chiro Touched My Jaws

Discussion in 'Support' started by Paromita, Jun 18, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Paromita

Paromita Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, maybe dental and facial nerve

I went to a Chiro yestreday and for some reason he thought it was a good idea to put his finger inside my mouth and touch the muscles on my left jaw and press them....

I now see a light red mark on my left cheek and the area is T has gone crazy high!! Had to take Valium to goto sleep.

If this a spike ? Will this settle much time will this take ?

Feeling very depressed today....please help.

Best Regards, Mita
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. glynis-harbron

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

England, Stoke-on-Trent
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Paromita,
      Sounds like your tinnitus might be from jaw inflamation.
      It will settle down over the weekend.
      If not already might be worth a visit to the dentist see if you have TMJ....lots of love glynis
    3. Hariz Nonis

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      There's a good chance that you have TMD. Nerves surrounding the ear pass through the TMJ joint, a fact I saw on a video. When you have TMD, it can affect the nerves, causing the ringing you hear.
    4. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      I have the same exact thing happening to me. It gets louder after treatment bit I talked to a few other people that are being treated by chiropractor in this matter and I was told will settle down once muscles relax. This will take months.
    5. strato2009

strato2009 Member

I once massaged my right side jaw muscles and have been having new tinnitus sound ever since, a whistling morse sound. SO ANYBODY WHO READS THIS DON'T MASSAGE YOUR JAW OR MUSCLES AROUND YOUR EAR, AIN'T WORTH THE RISK!

I hope you're lucky and it settles down once the muscles relax