PLEASE HELP! Tinnitus Got Worse After Chiro Touched My Jaws

Discussion in 'Support' started by Paromita, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Paromita
      Cool

Paromita Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, maybe dental and facial nerve
      Hello!

I went to a Chiro yestreday and for some reason he thought it was a good idea to put his finger inside my mouth and touch the muscles on my left jaw and press them....

I now see a light red mark on my left cheek and the area is warm....my T has gone crazy high!! Had to take Valium to goto sleep.

If this a spike ? Will this settle down.....how much time will this take ?

Feeling very depressed today....please help.

Best Regards, Mita

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Paromita,
      Sounds like your tinnitus might be from jaw inflamation.
      It will settle down over the weekend.
      If not already might be worth a visit to the dentist see if you have TMJ....lots of love glynis

3. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      There's a good chance that you have TMD. Nerves surrounding the ear pass through the TMJ joint, a fact I saw on a video. When you have TMD, it can affect the nerves, causing the ringing you hear.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      I have the same exact thing happening to me. It gets louder after treatment bit I talked to a few other people that are being treated by chiropractor in this matter and I was told will settle down once muscles relax. This will take months.

5. strato2009

strato2009 Member

I once massaged my right side jaw muscles and have been having new tinnitus sound ever since, a whistling morse sound. SO ANYBODY WHO READS THIS DON'T MASSAGE YOUR JAW OR MUSCLES AROUND YOUR EAR, AIN'T WORTH THE RISK!

I hope you're lucky and it settles down once the muscles relax

6. Alex82

Alex82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head injury or stress or unknown
      Hi @Paromita ,
      Is your T better?
      I have the same experience. Would love to hear from you.
      Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks, what is TMD ? Can it be corrected ? Thanks P

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi ALex,

My T is not better, but what is better is my anxiety. My T is almost the same infact now I think both sides have it. I was supposed to goto a tinnutis clinic in cleveland in Oct, but could not make it. Will try again in April.....but yes my T is pretty much there, some days bad, some days good....but my anxiety is better than before. So I can take it. The left side of my face still feels off....as if the muscled are stretched and I have a burning tongue on the same side. I seriously dont know whats going on and what to do. Just waiting and watching.... :( Thanks for the poke.

9. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Paromita TMD is 'temporomandibular joint disorder'. A really long name huh. The joint mentioned helps in the opening and closing of the mouth. It is connected to the jaws, located a little bit in front of the lower part of the ears. There are nerves that pass through the joint. These nerves also surround the ear, which means that when the joint has issues, it can affect the nerves. This can cause you to hear ringing sounds. Effects of TMD can be reduced with proper care when eating, etc. and some jaw exercises. There is a video I watched about this issue, I'll send the link to you soon.