Poll: Balance Issues and Acoustic Trauma

Discussion in 'Support' started by Taylorslay, Nov 24, 2017.

?

Have you had balance issues, vertigo or dizziness since your acoustic trauma?

1. I have had balance issues, vertigo, dizziness and the issues are STILL HERE.

2. I have had balance issues, vertigo or dizziness and the issues have GONE AWAY.

3. NO, I have not had balance issues, vertigo, dizziness due to acoustic trauma.

4. I have balance issues, vertigo or dizziness, but for a DIFFERENT REASON.

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Taylorslay
      Happy

Taylorslay Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Years of excessively loud headphone use
      So it's been 2 months after my trauma. I've developed Tinnitus, Hyperacusis and a bit of hearing loss that for some reason isn't visible on my 0-8k kHz audiogram. But all this has come to the least of my worries because I've been developing balance problems, dizziness and sometimes my world just spins for a short period of time. It's awful. I feel so disoriented lately.

But I want to know why it's now beginning to happen 2 months after my trauma. Has anyone had a similar issue? Has it gone away? Is it still there? Did you get treatment or therapy?

I'd like to hope this goes away but it does worry me.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I use to get inner ear infections all the time, as a kid and into my teens. That brought on vertigo and loss of balance as well. I went and saw and ENT many many times and was given meds, for it. I also have allergies and sinus issues and at times i get dizzy.

Hope you feel better :)

3. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      I had dizziness that started in my 2nd month. I would experience it when I take long walks. In my 3.5 month I am better but sometimes I still get it. However, when I run or do cross-fit I don't have any issues, only during long walks.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Taylorslay
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Was it bad because I'm laying here sending this while my body has a false sense of motion?

5. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      No, it was never this bad. It sounds like you have Meniere, but I am no expert. I also spoke a guy recently who actually had burst his ear drum and he had the worst vertigo for a while.

If you havn't had that prior to your T then perhaps you have Secondary Meniere, which typically occurs as result of accident and may go away. Check out this link http://vestibular.org/secondary-endolymphatic-hydrops-seh

Have you been to a doctor? I noticed you are in Florida, I went to Tampa Bay Hearing and Balance center in Tampa Bay Hospital. Supposedly they specialize in balance and T but because all my tests were normal they just said to wait it out.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Taylorslay
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:

I hope to God I don't have Menieres.

7. Mila9828

Mila9828 Member