Poll: Did You Have a Headache When You First Noticed Your Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Meowmeowmeow, May 13, 2021.

?

Did you have a headache when you first noticed your tinnitus?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I don't remember

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Meowmeowmeow

Meowmeowmeow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Looking back at that fateful night 2 months ago, I remember I awoke at 3 am with a massive headache and the tinnitus roaring away.

When you first noticed your tinnitus, did you too have a headache?

I’m still trying to justify my tinnitus is related to chronic sinusitis as I’ve been very congested over the past few months. Weeks prior to the tinnitus onset, my doctor also said I had fluid behind my ears and gave me a nasal spray to take daily for 3 months.

I did get a hearing test and turns out I do have noise induced high frequency hearing loss. I’ve since gotten hearing aids and they haven’t done much for the tinnitus.

Aside from this week, the first month was the worst. Week 6 & 7 I felt like my hearing got better and the ringing was less intrusive about a 1-3/10.

I’ve had the hearing aids now for just a little over two weeks and this week I’ve been noticing my ears kind of feeling full and the tinnitus has been about a 7 out of 10. Same as it was in that first month. I can deal with the high frequency hearing loss but the tinnitus has been eating away at me this week.

2. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      The things that seemed to work the best for me to clear up fluid were Ambroxol and Sudafed. I still have occasional symptoms but the constant feeling when swallowing is 80% better.