Post night out spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shuffle, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Shuffle
      Gloomy

Shuffle Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heavy Metal & Machinery
      Does anyone else get these? Went to a couple of clubs last night, all ear plugged up from start to finish. Woke up this morning with a spike in level. I didn't have that much drink and as I say, the plugs never came out. I had a listen when I got in and noticed nothing.

On another note, do you ever worry for others sakes when you're out and about? Saw a group of three girls last night dancing about half a meter from the front of the main speaker stack. Just left me thinking I hope don't meet you on here in the morning!

Shuffle

2. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      I wen't to a club last night, without earplugs as I was only there for like 4 minutes.

Now I keep wondering if maybe my T is louder than usual. It was very loud when I got home, like.. Just more "pressure" but this is always the case when I've been drinking.

4 minutes in a club that didn't really have music that loud can't make it worse.. If it can then I might as well just give up

3. meeruf
      Badass

meeruf Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diving

I don't tell others what to do. It's sad, but if they haven't experienced tinnitus. It's like explaining to a blind person how a color looks. They just don't understand. Most people don't get bothered by tinnitus anyways. You can't go around telling people that if you drink that Coke, you can get diabetes, or if you eat that burger, you might get fat.

People will just look at you as an idiot, especially if they are having fun.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      I'm not warning people. I want them to suffer like me. I feel pretty bad for it and I'm not proud of it but screw that.

I warn my friends though.

5. JTP
      No Mood

JTP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shit happens
      I would not want anybody suffer like me, but six months ago I'd not have taken the advice myself. OP: Maybe you just were bit tired after night out and your T spiked, or unconsciously worried about it and monitoring it more than usual ?

6. frohike
      Approved

frohike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I think, oh buddy, you are playing with fire there. But back in the time, if I was approached by a total stranger warning me about some super weird illness, I would think, what a weirdo!

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      I think dehydration could play a role in this

8. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Probably just a temporary spike, next time, you might want to go out of the club like every hour and then take your plugs off and rest your ears before going back in again, but if you're using foam plugs be sure to bring several pairs.

9. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      earland - did your T subside ?

10. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      yes

11. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      Shuffle - did you T subside ?I am trying to figure out if most people t subsides after noise exposure .