Praying This Is Just a Spike... 5 Days Now and Hoping It Isn't Permanent. Losing My Mind.

Discussion in 'Support' started by ChrisfromCanada, Sep 11, 2017.

1. ChrisfromCanada
      Terrified

ChrisfromCanada Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Hey all,

I have mild to slightly loud tinnitus that I have gotten used to. It spikes at night so I use masking you tube videos on my laptop and I can mask it no problem.

About 5 days ago I started feeling a bit sick and my ear that has T (from a ruptured ear drum) started to hurt.

I called the ENT and he took me in right away. He said there is no infection and it is most likely a cold. When he put the instrument in my ear he did press up pretty hard against my ear drum though.

The next day I had a MAJOR increase in T.

I do have a lot of sinus pain and allergy symptoms so I am hoping that is the cause for my spike.

Actually I am hoping it is a spike and not permanent because it is so loud I cant even mask it.

I am steaming every couple of hours and using my Avamys nasal spray but it isn't bringing this spike down. Really don't know what to do, I just can't get used to this new volume. Really feeling helpless.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChrisfromCanada
      Terrified

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Thanks, I dont think there was any permanent damage so this must be a spike. My spikes have never lasted more then a day and I am now on day 5 and I just cant sleep. Even sleeping pills arent helping. I guess I will have to start my yoga and deep breathing again and do everything I did when I first got T

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Are you using sound enrichment? It helps to be able to listen to something other than your T...

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChrisfromCanada
      Terrified

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      yup, I use it every night. My T is so loud right now nothing will mask it

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      During my acute stage, I found amitriptyline to be helpful. It is non-addictive and it didn't make me feel drowsy the next morning...

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChrisfromCanada
      Terrified

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Sadly in my acute stage I turned to ativan. I am already dependant but I don't care because it helps

• Hug Hug x 1