Pressure and Pain Inside Ears. Should I Be Concerned?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Asian, May 2, 2014.

1. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Lately I have been experiencing something weird happening to my ears. I have this pressure feeling deep inside my ears and sometimes I feel the pain. The pressure feeling usually comes all the sudden in the middle of night that makes me wake up from sleep and it subsides within like 20 seconds. Also when I turn my head to he left, something inside my right ear aches. Should I be concerned ?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Well yes you should be. Go see an ent. Good luck.

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Asian,

Most of us with tinnitus have experienced what you're going through right now -- a feeling of pressure or fullness in the ears, ear pain, and strange crackling noises in the ear. It can be worrisome and uncomfortable, and you may wonder what you can do about it.

Yes, if you have a good ENT, you might want to schedule an appointment, to make sure there is nothing else wrong with your ears, such as an ear infection. If there isn't, the best things you can do are to distract yourself, get plenty of sleep (if possible), take calming supplements, such as magnesium and herbal teas, and (if you so choose) consider an anti-depressant for short-term use.

For most people, these symptoms will subside on their own in time, so please don't worry. These symptoms are a normal part of tinnitus. Mine was pretty bad when my tinnitus first started, but now, the feeling of fullness, the cracking noises, and the ear pain are gone, even though the tinnitus remains.

I know it's hard to believe right now, but give it some time, and your body and brain will become more accustomed to the tinnitus and things will improve for you.

Please stay calm, use background sounds for distraction, and get enough rest. You'll be glad you did!

Very best wishes and hugs,
      Karen

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Hmm do you have tmj? Or any jaw issues? Pain with eating, clicking etc..When rereading your post it struck me you wake up with pressure..tmj can cause etd. Like I said of.course be concerned and get checked out by ent to figure it out :) ear troubles are awful.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      @Karen thank you very much for your encouraging words. This board is a blessing for sure. I really hope things improve for all of us. Really appreciate it, thanks again Karen !

@Street Spirit I got hit on the top by a concrete wall. I don't feel any problems with my jaw as such. There was a bit of cracking noise in my ears while eating but i think it's gone now. I am going to get an appointment soon I guess. Just to make sure things are alright.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Asian,

I'm glad the crackling noise is gone, but it's still good that you are going to schedule a doctor appointment soon. It's a good idea, just for peace of mind.

Take care, and keep us posted on how you're doing!

• Like Like x 1