Pressure and Whooshing Gets Worse at Night and When Lying Down on My Left Side

Discussion in 'Support' started by RingingMike, Jan 28, 2019.

1. RingingMike

RingingMike Member

I have a whooshing sound like a windy day in my right ear. There's also some pressure. It gets worse at night. When I lie on my left side it's worse. Will this go away?

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Do you hear the whooshing sound right after you hear noises (e.g., after you finish talking)? Or is it just constantly there?

The pressure you describe sounds like "ear fullness". It is a sign that your ear got hurt. It should eventually go away. It might take 3-12 months for it to completely go away.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RingingMike

RingingMike Member

There's some days that I won't hear anything at all and there's barely any fullness. But around 8pm is when it usually starts. Then when I wake up it's fine. Yesterday I talked a lot because I was at a birthday party and now my ear is acting up. It started 3 weeks ago.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I've never heard of ear fullness doing the above...

What about the whooshing sound? Do you hear it right after you hear noises (e.g., after you finish talking)? Or is it just constantly there?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RingingMike

RingingMike Member

The whooshing sound is only there when I lay down or move my head a certain way as I'm lying down. It's not constantly there. I use a hot water bottle at night and it seems to take the fullness away.

And it doesn't affect me around noise. I have tinnitus in my left ear.

6. Susan Carey

Susan Carey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Mike. I have the exact same and it’s freaking me out. Did you find anything out? Thanks. Sue