Pressure in Ear/Jaw?

Discussion in 'Support' started by jake_la93, Nov 15, 2017.

1. jake_la93

jake_la93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prolonged use of headphones
      Hey Everyone,

I went to a loud concert and we stood next to the speakers (I am an idiot I know) and ever since I have been getting this pressure feeling in my ears, jaw and neck, not pain! I do have tinnitus from 6 years ago but since the concert it has since dyed down to what it was before which I can cope with. I don't think I have hyperacusis as I have read about it and it doesn't seem to fit my description. I do not perceive sound to be louder than it actually is and noises aren't amplified or anything. I am able to travel 20 stops by train to University, use those loud hand dryers in restrooms, go to lectures, walk through traffic, walk past my air conditioner with no issue, play games while my brother is playing music out loud, I have even checked different frequencies on the internet to see if it causes pain and no it doesn't. I have done hearing tests online and everything seems to be normal.

This pressure is constant in my ears and jaw and hardly goes all day in any situation. I do have a history of anxiety issues, in fact, my anxiety can be crippling at times. Yesterday and today, I heard my right ear click so loud my dad heard it and I believe that has something to do with TMJ or something. It doesn't click all the time but when it happened it was quite disconcerting. I have read online that a surprising trigger of TMJ is loud noise as well so maybe that is the source. What do you guys think?

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I believe that you should see the professionals especially anything to do with the ear. Discomfort, pain or tinnitus in the ear one should make an appointment to be seen at ENT and possibly a referral to a Hearing Therapist if you're having problems with tinnitus management. You should also see a dentist or orthodontist to check your jaw for TMJ and possible treatment.

This is something that needs investigating if you are concerned and shouldn't be left alone.
      Michael

• Agree Agree x 2