Pressure in Head — Tinnitus Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by Niels-1111, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Niels-1111

Niels-1111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress maybe
      Hi all,

Long time sufferer here looking for advice...

Sometimes I get this weird pressure in my head - feeling like a band around and in my head.., Tinnitus goes from 4 out of 10 to 10/10... T also changes to become more full in the whole head and loud.

Anybody?

Best Nielse

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Niels-1111 You have had tinnitus for quite a while so are experienced with it. These symptoms that you describe I think you need to see ENT for tests.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Niels-1111

Niels-1111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress maybe
      Hi Michael,

How do you see Tinnitus over time?

People (myself) often tend to focus on the near future and how their T is reacting.. Is it not more af question of seeing it over longer time? My T have changed back and forth the last 12 years - I dont know if it has become worse or better because it changes and I change with it,
      What I know is that I get the periods where I think life is over (when it changes for a while) and then there is the times where its more stabile.

How do you feel - do you get the bad periods?

Best

Niels

4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Niels-1111
      Hi Niels,
      You have asked a question that many people with tinnitus ask and I will try to give my account of it. At this moment there is no cure for tinnitus and there are many medical conditions that also fall into this category. I believe tinnitus and the ability for one to cope, has a lot to do with acceptance which comes with time, patience and positive thinking.

I accepted my tinnitus many years ago which eventually caused me to be medically retired from my job. I have habituated twice; the second time took nearly four years 2008-2012.

Unfortunately, tinnitus can be difficult for some people to accept especially someone that’s new to the condition. An additional problem is access to getting help and in some cases being able to afford that help can be a major problem for some people. I feel sorry for their predicament, I really do because I know how terrible I felt with the onset of my tinnitus. Some of the stories that I’ve read at Tinnitustalk it’s hard for anyone not to feel empathy for those that are suffering.

I don’t want to say too much on this so will try to be brief. I feel fortunate that I live in the UK and haven’t had to pay for the tinnitus treatment that I’ve had for the last twenty years. Most of the time it’s been very good and couldn’t ask for better. However, I do know this is not everyone’s experience in the UK. Most people do get referred to ENT for tests though and often a referral to a Hearing Therapist where some form of help with tinnitus management is usually offered. It might not be the best but at least it’s something.

Many people at Tinnitustalk for reasons I’ve already mentioned don’t get this kind of help or it’s not available in the location they live. I believe that to be a sad state of affairs.

The only advice that I can give to people with tinnitus, is to try and accept it and use devices like a sound machine for sound enrichment at night and avoid using headphones even at low volume, if your tinnitus was caused by loud noise exposure. Try not to focus on it too much by getting on with life and embracing the positive things if you can.

Michael

• Like Like x 1