Pulsatile Tinnitus and Head'ache'

Discussion in 'Support' started by Helen M, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Helen M

Helen M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown / perimenopause?
      Hi everyone, I'm new here, this my 1st post/question. I've suffered with tinnitus for a couple of years, the cause of which hasn't been investigated but I have put it down to one of my many peri-menopause symptoms. However, I've also had strange 'fluttering' sensations, a slight feeling of pressure and occasional headaches on the right side of my head above my ear for around 6 months, which only last around 5mins and are very infrequent. Add to this, I've had (what I think is pulsatile tinnitus) almost continuously for the last 3 days, only in my right ear. I'm hoping this is sinus related, and not something more sinister i.e. an arterial problem/aneurysm.

My question is, are there any steps I can take to try and identify the cause and stop the pulsatile tinnitus myself, and how long should I let it go before getting it checked out? My GP is fairly useless I'm afraid, hence this post.

Thanks and a Happy Friday to you!
      Helen

2. Crazylady

Crazylady Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, I realise this is an old thread, but I have similar symptoms. I wondered if you found out what was causing your symptoms...

3. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin