Pulsatile Tinnitus Caused by Benign Brain Tumor

Discussion in 'Support' started by LadyTee, Jan 28, 2021.

1. LadyTee

LadyTee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Brain Tumor
      Hello everyone.

I found Tinnitus Talk by accident. I too suffer from Pulsatile Tinnitus and I was online looking for some type of device that I can use that would eliminate this noise.

I was diagnosed with a benign brain tumor last year, which is the primary cause of my Pulsatile Tinnitus.

I have to get another MRI scan done to make sure that the tumor has not grown or become malignant. I was told that if the tumor does not affect me in other ways, I would have to live like this for the rest of my life because they (doctors) say that the surgery to remove my tumor would be too risky because of where it is located.

I am glad that I found this website and see that I am not the only one going through this.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. SilenceIsBliss

SilenceIsBliss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi LadyTee,

Sorry to hear about your tumor and pulsatile tinnitus. You're definitely not the only one going through this. I am suffering with pulsatile tinnitus right now and awaiting appointments with a neurologist and otolaryngologist. I have good days and really bad days where it affects me mentally and physically.

One thing I have found that helps, especially at night for sleep, is moldable silicone ear plugs. It cuts down the drone of the pulsatile tinnitus enough to get to sleep. They're cheap and you can find them on Amazon.

Hopefully your MRI comes back clean and no further developments with the tumor.

All the best!
      D.