Pulsatile Tinnitus Cured

Discussion in 'Support' started by Paul Johnson, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Riya

Riya Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere disease
      Hi @Karen

Your posts have been very helpful. Thank you! I have regular T in my left ear and PT in my right which increases very rapid in then evenings and is really quite when I sleep and in mornings.. my EKG, BP, carotid artery ultrasound are all normal. I am also in thyroid meds thyronorm 88 ug. Do u think this could be a reason? I also take magnesium 600 mg with other supplements like zinc 25 mg and flavonoids. PT reduces then but I still need background noises like fan to mask it completely. Please help! Thanks!

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi @Riya,

Yes, I do think it is possible that your PT could somehow be related to your thyroid condition. Yours does sound similar to mine, in that mine is usually quieter in the morning, too. Also, keeping tabs on my blood pressure really helps, and trying to keep it as low as possible through diet and exercise. I have read that those of us with thyroid conditions may be more prone to tinnitus, and maybe to PT as well.

My PT is still there, after 7 years, but I am managing it much better now than I was when it started. I think that will be the case for you, too. You'll become more used to it as time goes on, and it may become calmer with time.

Best wishes for a silent evening,
      Karen

3. Riya

Riya Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere disease
      Hi @Karen

I did check with a cardio and he doesn't seem to notice a venous problem and also my BP is very normal and hence he could not explain my PT.... and the strange part is it gets very loud after I wash my hair! Any similar experiences? Also I'll check with my GP about my thyroid then!

Thanks

4. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, @Riya,

That's interesting about it getting louder after you wash your hair! Could it have something to do with tilting your head while you are doing it? It might cause some sort of change in pressure that might result in more loudness. Do you use a hair dryer? If so, consider using ear plugs; that might help, too.

No, I haven't had this problem; mine seems to get louder when I don't get enough sleep or when something aggravates the condition.

5. Riya

Riya Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere disease
      Hi @Karen

Yeah I do use a dryer maybe next time I use ear plugs and try... also what type of magnesium suplements do you take? Is it also 600 mg before sleep?

Thanks!

6. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, @Riya,

I take magnesium glycinate. Often, I take about 800 mg per day (one earlier, and one before bedtime). I think it does help with sleep.

• Like Like x 1
    7. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      I agree. I pray every day and my T is the same, however, I don't think God removes T from those who pray more than me.

Just think of all the religious people who die of cancer, etc. every day and you know they and their families are praying.

God has a plan for all of us no matter how unfortunate it may currently be.

My T is going through the roof right now but I am forcing myself to get healthier to fight it off. -- Maybe that is his plan for me since I wasn't really taking care of myself and brought T into my life with one drunk'n episode almost 2 years ago.

I'll get off my soapbox now.. :)