Pulsatile Tinnitus Go Away!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by luvpenguins, Aug 14, 2015.

1. luvpenguins

luvpenguins Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/14
      Hi, I just joined this forum, hope I get some good feedback...everyone is tired of me complaining about the pulsatile tinnitus; it started last Oct. have had 2 hearing tests, which were fine, MRI & most recently MRA which were all negative, thank God. But now I've read on-line (which is not a good thing to do when you're a hypochondriac like me) that there's also an MRV, which I never heard of. So just when I thought I was done exploring the cause of this condition, that's not the end-of-the-road. I don't even want to hear I now have to have an angiogram!! I don't meet with the neurologist until 9/9 so hopefully he'll tell me this condition isn't life-threatening!! I do notice when I press on my neck the whoosing subsides; also since's on the left side, when I turn my head to the right it increases, and when I turn to the left it decreases; I read this is probably venous-related. I'm so tired of these damn tests...can anyone else on here relate to this? I appreciate any feedback/advice you can offer. Thanks for letting me vent. Take care everyone.

2. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It does sound like it is related to the veins or possibly the big one in your neck. If so that's really good news! They'll find it and treat it and you can get rid of the problem.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luvpenguins

luvpenguins Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/14
      Hi, thanks for the reply! Hope that's all it is, I always think the worst & going on the internet doesn't help. Wow you're in New Zealand?? Do you see alot of penguins? They are my absolute favorite (as you can see from my member name).

4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @luvpenguins

I have pulsatile tinnitus, too, and can definitely relate to what you're saying. I've had so many tests, and got really frustrated with going from doctor to doctor. I'm currently trying to live with mine, as best I can.

I've had a CT scan, MRI and MRA (I didn't know about the MRV, either), and a Doppler of the carotid arteries. Nothing amiss was found.

In my case, pressing on my neck does not stop the pulsating, and turning my head or pressing on areas around the ear doesn't change it all. Yours definitely does sound like it could be related to veins, and I hope you find some answers when you go for that doctor visit.

Please keep us posted on your progress!!

Best wishes,
      Karen