Pulsatile Tinnitus Vanished Overnight — Because of Taking Migraleve?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katie Roffe, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Katie Roffe

Katie Roffe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      At least 10 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,

I hope someone can help.

I have had pulsing in my ears for as long as I can remember (at least 10 years). It had become a constant companion going to sleep (I use it to count my breathing for relaxing!) and I was very used to it.

I mentioned it to a GP once and it was dismissed so I have never had it investigated.

I have some mental and chronic health diagnoses so I just assumed it was connected to those or the meds I was taking and as the GP didn't seem worried, I just got on with it.

I did take a lot of medication for conditions starting around 10 years ago, so that could be the cause but I no longer take anything other than supplements regularly.

Anyway, overnight last night it disappeared. I kept waking to absolute silence!

The only change I made yesterday was that I took a pink Migraleve tablet as my migraines had been getting worse (weather I think). I have never taken them before. They contain paracetamol, codeine and Buclizine.

Any ideas? Could it be the Migraleve? I am pleased it's gone but also a bit freaked out!

Please be kind and consider your replies as I suffer from anxiety quite badly. So, if you think I'm going to die please say it gently!!!

Glad I found you ❤✌

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      First, you're not going to die, and you should relax in general. If there were an issue, it's treatable. 2nd, you should have it investigated. In my case, when my PT went away, that was a very bad sign. Please read this:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...d-to-do-to-get-answers-and-a-diagnosis.36645/

and this:

http://neuroangio.org/diagnosis-and-treatment-of-pulsatile-tinnitus/

I understand you have anxiety, and I don't want you to worry. I just want you to be educated on the matter since most doctors aren't helpful. I can answer any questions you have.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Katie Roffe

Katie Roffe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      At least 10 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply I had already read your post and your story about when your PT went away which is why I was anxious, but I was just joking ( a bit) about dying!

I am in th UK and it is mighty difficult to get referred for tests especially at the moment (covid-19) and especially if you have pre-existing conditions (everything attributed to those). That's why I came on here first.

I am grateful for you taking the time to answer and I will read the link about diagnosis etc. and see how I can maybe get it investigated here.

Thank you :)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Katie Roffe

Katie Roffe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      At least 10 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Oh also, when your PT stopped did your head feel better? I have felt a kind of pressure in my head/ears for years (on and off) with migraine headaches. This seems to have eased since the PT stopped.

5. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Katie Roffe

Within case studies - meds that contain paracetamol and codeine can give relief to pulsatile tinnitus. There are many causes of headaches with PT, but often when pain meds relieve symptoms it's from a pain source causing PT. Some pain sources may associate to conditions that involve hypertension. Another known area is TMJ where that can cause headaches and PT.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Katie Roffe

Katie Roffe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      At least 10 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, thank you for replying.

Interestingly, I have taken other pain meds (Tramdol) which makes the sound louder.

I tend towards hypertension and don't manage stress well. I have been working on reducing my anxiety and increasing my resilience though so maybe I am just calmer overall so no more PT?

7. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Hypertension caused me several physical conditions and two of those caused my PT. I'm over 65 years of age.
      @Katie Roffe, wishing you the best.

8. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      Keep us posted and let us know how you do and if you have any questions along the way.

9. Thuan

Thuan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection right ear 2018. Sound trauma left ear 2020.
      @tiniturtle Why was it bad when your PT went away? What was the reason?

10. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      Because that was when the vein shut down completely. The PT stopped because I wasn't hearing the blood flow through the vein, because there wasn't any, anymore. It then forced that bloodflow backward into the veins of my brain. It became life threatening at that point. High risk of rupture and hemorrhage.